SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220SL (Stainless)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220SL (Stainless) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by mbacker_99:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 220parts:
Mr. Lee is correct! Both barrels of the 9mm are stainless.

Found the correct parts for the picture:

226 SL, 228 SL, 220ST slide, and 220SL:

"228 SL" - Does your box say that? Confused Because mine sure don't.

His label will not have SL on it. Once special configuration is printed on the label all bets are off.

Yet, the Special Configuration P220 above is designated with "SL".

Well take that up with the guy running label machine in Eckernförde. Did he miss putting SL on the P228 run or forget to remove SL on this 220?

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Barrel is the same length as the 220ST (4.4 inches).

Anti-clockwise the slides are 226SL, 228SL, 220ST (.45), and then 220SL (9mm). Probably too much to put in a picture.

The P228 is a B3516xx series, from an order with other SL pistols. Will check the box for the SL marking confirmation. The Afton Arms 228s I have seen do not have "SL" on the label.

Mr. Lee, could you send me an email regarding central Oregon? Thanks!

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Barrel is the same length as the 220ST (4.4 inches).

Anti-clockwise the slides are 226SL, 228SL, 220ST (.45), and then 220SL (9mm). Probably to much to put in a picture.

The P228 is a B3516xx series, from an order with other SL pistols. Will check the box for the SL marking confirmation. The Afton Arms 228s I have seen do not have "SL" on the label.

Thanks OP, I've so wanted a 5" 220 (DE), always wondered why SIG didn't come out with a 5" bbl (X5) in .45 (no rail). Guess I'll keep waiting...but meanwhile the 220SL would be fine. Razz

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
It looks like 2 slide assemblies for the P226. Maybe 1 folded and 1 bar stock. Is that what we see 220parts ?
Sorry, my confusion here.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really don't need one but a 9mm P220 would be a lot of fun.

Posts: 166 | Registered: February 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
I have been trying to order some old school 9mm 220s. You never know if you don't ask.

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been trying to order some old school 9mm 220s. You never know if you don't ask.

This would be the perfect candidate for a group buy Cool

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:
quote:

This would be the perfect candidate for a group buy Cool

Yup. I'd go in on that. Heck, I'd even pay upfront (unless you are considering a karma Big Grin ).

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Trying to get 10 in an Equinox style. No response yet.

Veni, Vidi, Risi

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trying to get 10 in an Equinox style. No response yet.

10 as in ten 9mm P220 SL pistols? If so, could I reserve one?... I too will pay up-front if there's a reasonable chance the pistol would arrive in < 2 years.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy to come in as well if you're looking for someone to pick one up.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Equinox would be very distinctive...yes, put me on your list.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Enough request, they probably will do it. Like with the Afton Arms P228s. Smile

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Enough request, they probably will do it. Like with the Afton Arms P228s. Smile

Would love to have an Equinox with no rails

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
quote:
quote:
quote:
The black P220 has a carbon steel slide, very odd.

Nope, it's stainless slide, internal extractor, with the spiral rollpin.

The slide is carbon steel. Zoom in on the top picture, dual roll pin. Look at the sharp corner cut on the slide where the muzzle transitions to the frame. Also the rear of the slide slopes.

I thought an SL model was all-stainless - kind of like a European version of a railless ST.

Just to confirm: Does that P220 have a steel frame too??? Eek

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
The frame is stainless. The Germans use SL (Stahl?) instead of ST on most of their products.

And the 228 Guru is correct again! The box for the 228 pictured does not have "SL" printed on the label.

Veni, Vidi, Risi

posted Hide Post
So, I'd be interested in one too. When you say "old school", does that mean it it will be traditional SA/DA? I'm not quite sure what an Equinox is. Don't want to sound ignorant but I really am stuck in the 80s/90s "old school" world of SIGs!!!

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post