SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220SL (Stainless)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220SL (Stainless) Login/Join 
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
I will check the slide tomorrow. The 226SL are still being made - just harder to find in the States.

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
quote:
Originally posted by mbacker_99:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
The black P220 has a carbon steel slide, very odd.

Nope, it's stainless slide, internal extractor, with the spiral rollpin.

The slide is carbon steel. Zoom in on the top picture, dual roll pin. Look at the sharp corner cut on the slide where the muzzle transitions to the frame. Also the rear of the slide slopes.

I thought an SL model was all-stainless - kind of like a European version of a railless ST.

Yep, SL = all stainless.
Only OP knows the answer. Well, 220parts, are you going to keep us speculating? Big Grin

ETA: We'll see you tomorrow. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Not so easy. There are a few stainless goodies to sift through. Will post a picture with the slide removed. Until then...

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 226SL and it's the blackened stainless steel style. It's a beautiful pistol. Unfortunately the rails were left in the white. Never could figure why they did that. I'd love to have a 220 in 9mm like the OP has but with the decocker setup.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Very nice! How much and where can I get one/both?

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
quote:
quote:
quote:
The black P220 has a carbon steel slide, very odd.

Nope, it's stainless slide, internal extractor, with the spiral rollpin.

The slide is carbon steel. Zoom in on the top picture, dual roll pin. Look at the sharp corner cut on the slide where the muzzle transitions to the frame. Also the rear of the slide slopes.

I thought an SL model was all-stainless - kind of like a European version of a railless ST.

Yep, SL = all stainless.
Only OP knows the answer. Well, 220parts, are you going to keep us speculating? Big Grin

ETA: We'll see you tomorrow. Big Grin
I would leave the planet if those crafty Germans made a folded stainless steel slide. Can you imagine how cool such a pistol would be. And Q, you never miss such a detail on Sig pistols. You are grounded. Go to your gun safe and play... Big Grin

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Germans use existing parts and mix/match to produce most of the special configurations. The OP's black 220 is a stainless ilaflon coated lower with carbon steel slide. The Afton run of stainless frame P228s were built on .40/357 P229 frames.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Germans use existing parts and mix/match to produce most of the special configurations. The OP's black 220 is a stainless ilaflon coated lower with carbon steel slide. The Afton run of stainless frame P228s were built on .40/357 P229 frames.

Yeah, but those P228s were not designated SL like the P220 here. Maybe, as David suggested, it's a P220 folded SS slide. Eek

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
JP Sauer would play in Qs' gun safe if he knew about those P228s with stainless frames.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The spare barrel looks like it could be stainless.

Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Mr. Lee is correct! Both barrels of the 9mm are stainless.

Found the correct parts for the picture:

226 SL, 228 SL, 220ST slide, and 220SL:

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220parts:

"228 SL" - Does your box say that? Confused Because mine sure don't.

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

His label will not have SL on it. Once special configuration is printed on the label all bets are off.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

His label will not have SL on it. Once special configuration is printed on the label all bets are off.

Yet, the Special Configuration P220 above is designated with "SL".

Q

posted Hide Post
Actually, are both guns the same length (standard 220)? Maybe an optical illusion, but at first glance it would appear the SS slide and frame appears to be longer than the blued.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It looks like 2 slide assemblies for the P226. Maybe 1 folded and 1 bar stock. Is that what we see 220parts ?

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
Actually, are both guns the same length (standard 220)? Maybe an optical illusion, but at first glance it would appear the SS slide and frame appears to be longer than the blued.
I think it is s 5" rpm.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
What the hell, post up your LDC pistols so I can finish my heart attack... Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
I think it is s 5" rpm.

Right, I've got the older 220 Sport Stock, boy one of these 220SL would just be so nice to have!!

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Look at the 2nd pic on the 1st page. The white gun is definitely longer than the black one.

Q