SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What about a PPQ Walther?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What about a PPQ Walther? Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
I like them.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
Me too.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I really like mine. I got mine when it first came out late in 2011. Never a problem with it. Eats anything I feed it.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best factory trigger by far... bought mine from a forum member a year ago or so and it’s an awesome gun

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I have a 5" PPQ M2 with the button mag release instead of the paddle release shown above. It has the best out-of-the-box striker trigger I've tried, but the gun just didn't fit me well. The medium backstrap was a little too small, and the large gave me a blister on the base of my shooting hand thumb. However, as the slide is very easy to manipulate, my wife loves the gun. She can operate it easily and she shoots it well for someone who only goes shooting maybe once a year (I'm working on her).

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
What Grumpy said.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
LOVE my PPQ!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
This is the first 50 rounds out of my new 4” PPQ M2 in 9mm. I had just put about 150 rounds through my new PPQ 22 before I fired this group (really like the PPQ 22). I have a bad back so as it gets tired/hurts, I start pulling and my group started moving left.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I traded for a PPQ Navy yesterday. I have Trijicon HDs on the way and an Apex trigger. Should be interesting to see how much the Apex changes the pre travel!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
I traded for a PPQ Navy yesterday. I have Trijicon HDs on the way and an Apex trigger. Should be interesting to see how much the Apex changes the pre travel!

Let us know what you think. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has the best factory trigger of any polymer gun out their . Great ergonomics. Easy to keep on target.

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Watcher
posted Hide Post
They are super nice, but I am too dumb of a monkey to trust myself carrying one with that trigger

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my PPQ M2 Navy. Best Stiker-fired trigger I've ever shot.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I really like mine. Grip fits my hand, the trigger is good, the reset is very short, and it seems I shoot it better than even my Buckmark. I can hand it to anyone and they can shoot it at least adequately or better. The only down side is it looks weird.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...110087334#9110087334

Pretty much sums up what I think of its trigger design. A good gun overall and it was amazing and a revelation to shoot when it first arrived on the scene, but after living with a 9mm example for a while there are other strikers that have hit the market since that I prefer over it. I'm not a burly guy, have large hands, nor am I getting any younger; for me and my small paws I experience a bit more muzzle flip than with other strikers. For casual range time it's not really a big deal but it also means that I wouldn't pick it for a home defense weapon role either. I've got other handguns that I can shoot faster with effective accuracy without having to wrestle with the kind of muzzle flip that my PPQ has.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I had one for about 6 months but sold it. While I thought the trigger was amazing and the ergonomics were right on par with HK, I had issues shooting it. Muzzle rise was greater than most any 9mm I own, and with the trigger being so light, I experienced several unintentional doubles. I've shot other striker fired guns with equally light triggers (tuned Glocks for example) and not had the double issue. I guess for me it's just how the gun fit in my hand and handled recoil.

That of course is just me. If it works for others, I can see the attraction.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Almost as good as the steyr M9-A1, but light years ahead of glock,S&W,XD etc

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had one, and *for me*, to much muzzle flip and to light of a trigger for a carry gun. It was also easy to accidentally bump fire at speed. Also not as many option in aftermarket sights as other brands. Accuracy was decent.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
In my opinion this was the only other striker fired pistol with the chance of dethroning the Glock G19 as king. Comparable size, better ergonomics and a nice trigger.

I am not as selective of triggers as most people are. Believe it or not the only striker fired pistol I personally felt that had too light of a trigger was the P320. The PPQ didn't seem as light to me.

I also have no issue with muzzle flip and shoot the PPQ as well if not slightly better than I can the G19 and better than say a P229.

The reason the PPQ won't dethrone the Glock is aftermarket accessories. Night sights, holsters, mags and the like are in small supply compared to the after market Glock has.

Perhaps a lot of the issues people have are due to hands size. I have very small hands and short fingers. Actually reaching the trigger safety on a G19 requires me to shift my grip slightly from what would be considered an inline hold with the grip in line with your wrist and forearm.

I laugh at many you tube videos which show guys holding compact pistols and in their hands it looks comparable to me holding a G43 or CM9.

Strangely though lately I have been moving away from striker fired and going back to hammer fired pistols. Not sure why?

But can't wait to take the CZ P01 to the range and have been really liking the P250! Smile

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...110087334#9110087334

Pretty much sums up what I think of its trigger design. A good gun overall and it was amazing and a revelation to shoot when it first arrived on the scene, but after living with a 9mm example for a while there are other strikers that have hit the market since that I prefer over it. I'm not a burly guy, have large hands, nor am I getting any younger; for me and my small paws I experience a bit more muzzle flip than with other strikers. For casual range time it's not really a big deal but it also means that I wouldn't pick it for a home defense weapon role either. I've got other handguns that I can shoot faster with effective accuracy without having to wrestle with the kind of muzzle flip that my PPQ has.

You make a good point about a pistol fitting one well. I have larger hands and with the large back strap I find my PPQ very easy to control and fast being right back on target. I tried the CZ P10-C and the trigger reach was way too short for me (even compared to my Glock 19) and with the trigger pull all the way back I had difficulty staying on target. I don't really feel much difference in recoil/muzzle flip between my PPQ, Glock 19, and VP9 especially when shooting 147GR. My HK P30L however is the sweetest of my 9MM poly pistols for me with regards to subjective recoil feel. Luckily there are so many good quality pistols available these days, everyone should be able to find more than a few that works best for them.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post