SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Appendix Carry - revolvers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appendix Carry - revolvers Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
So for the last several months I have been experimenting with appendix IWB. I really grown to enjoy it, when I’m carrying a Glock 43, or my Glock 43X. However now, I’m trying it with a Smith and Wesson J frame revolver in a Safariland model 18, and it’s proving to be a bit uncomfortable. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or is this something I just need to get used to? Or is the revolver best left to carry on the side.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
A lot depends on the holster for AIWB. I prefer a hide based holster especially for revolvers in that carry method.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, something other than rigid kydex. Leather, or nylon construction.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
When I ride my mountain bike, I carry my Ruger LCR .38 in a CrossBreed Modular belly band AIWB. Of course, it’s in gym shorts, so I don’t have the added pressure of a gun belt, yet the Cross Breed belly band holds the the little LCR firmly in place and is very comfortable. I have not tried it wearing actual pants, though.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MoreCowbell
posted Hide Post
I have been carrying my j frame appendix in a 1791 leather holster that I got on Amazon. I find it to be very comfortable. I also have one of those magnetic jm4 holsters which I like a lot also.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer a canted holster for appendix/cross-draw type carry. Kydex holsters don't work as well as a nice thin leather holster.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I carry my S&W 642 in an Alessi Talon holster that way, also my S&W 66 in a Kramer holster, both Apendix carry. They work fine for me. The one I have a little problem with is my S&W 327 in a Kramer holster. That one is harder to conceal. All of those holsters are with a 0 cant.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:

I have not tried it wearing actual pants, though.
Is that you, Kevin?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post