SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    do I Trade in my M&P 1.0 for a 2.0, or keep it and upgrade it??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

do I Trade in my M&P 1.0 for a 2.0, or keep it and upgrade it?? Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Since the Smith & Wesson upgrades are free, might as well take advantage of them. Then you have a nice cheap truck gun when it gets back. AND then go buy yourself a 2.0, since you can get new ones for $349.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I am seeing version 2.0 available for $250 with careful shopping & model 1 sells frequently used at $200-250.

Takes quite a bit of shopping though.

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
I am seeing version 2.0 available for $250 with careful shopping & model 1 sells frequently used at $200-250.

Takes quite a bit of shopping though.

EasyFire

Wait, $250 for the full size model and not the M&P Shield? New??

where???

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Since the Smith & Wesson upgrades are free, might as well take advantage of them. Then you have a nice cheap truck gun when it gets back. AND then go buy yourself a 2.0, since you can get new ones for $349.

This is what I decided to do. Ordered a new 2.0. Should be here in mere days.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer my 1.0 to the 2.0.
BUT, it has a Burwell trigger and sights and Talon rubber grip tape.

As said, take the FREE factory upgrade and see what you have then.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Replaced most everything in a M1.0 Pro CORE (so as to have a factory cut-slide for red-dot sight) and the expensive result is not as nice as a M&P9 M2.0 4.25 with Apex 2-dot-sear and Williams adjustable Fire Sights. Shoots very well in IDPA. Trade for M2.0 with barrel length you wish. I sure hope S&W will add a M2.0 5" with cut-slide for red-dot sight.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
I have Gen 1 full-size, compact, Gen two full size and compact.... Eventhough I like the gen 2 gun, All have Apex triggers. My go to is still the gen 1 with Apex barrel and Apex duty trigger. That gun can launch a bullet 65 yard away and make it a easy shot.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pittwm:
I have Gen 1 full-size, compact, Gen two full size and compact.... Eventhough I like the gen 2 gun, All have Apex triggers. My go to is still the gen 1 with Apex barrel and Apex duty trigger. That gun can launch a bullet 65 yard away and make it a easy shot.

By any chance did you go with the Apex Semi-Drop-In barrel? If so, how difficult was the installation procedure? I really like what I hear about the accuracy improvements from the Apex semi-drop-in.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!