SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    do I Trade in my M&P 1.0 for a 2.0, or keep it and upgrade it??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

do I Trade in my M&P 1.0 for a 2.0, or keep it and upgrade it?? Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted
I have an early M&P 9mm full size, no safety version. One of the very early ones from almost 11 years ago with the MPxxxx Serial number.

I've not done anything to it. Original awful barrel where it has the issue where 115 grains shoot differently than heavier bullets, it has the original gritty trigger that everyone hates, original fragile firing pin. Original problem of brass in my face with some ammo types.

I could send it in to S&W, and get the (free) new barrel and firing pin and then upgrade the trigger to Apex....

Or..... I could trade it in, take a hit of a few hundred dollars and have a new 2.0 version.

I don't have any money in holsters or anything else that would set me back going from 1.0 to 2.0, if I did that.

But, what would you do? Would you keep the 1.0 and just upgrade it / APEX it, or spend more money to trade up to a stock 2.0?? This is more of a plinking gun for me, and I really don't use it for SD use, although I certainly wouldn't hesitate to do so with this platform.

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Trade it off on a 2.0. They are a much better pistol.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
Trade it off on a 2.0. They are a much better pistol.

Absolutely agree.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The 2.0 is a superior build but upgrading costs less and will leave you with a feeling of accomplishment Wink I have an original compact that I’ve apexed, trijicon’d and had some grip work done that although I edc a Glock 26, the mods to the MPc makes it hard to part with..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent my first-year 1.0 to S&W and ended up with:

1. slide refinished
2. new barrel
3. slightly re-worked action
4. complimentary night-sights (during slide refinish)
5. 2.0 backstraps (awesome grip texture)

Great gun, now. It's a keeper, no added cost.

Posts: 558 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hated the 1.0.

Love the 2.0. I have two and counting....

I’d say trade it.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trade for sure. The trigger pull and semi-aggressive grip texture are worth it. Much better than 1.0

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trade up and never look back.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you trade up to the M&P.2 and chose the 4in or the 3.6in, they both carty 15rnds and are very comfortable to shoot and very accurate. Great carry gun. Good range gun too.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EBRfan:
I hated the 1.0.

Love the 2.0. I have two and counting....

I’d say trade it.

since you had both, what was it about the 1.0 that made it inferior for you? mostly trigger?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:
I sent my first-year 1.0 to S&W and ended up with:

1. slide refinished
2. new barrel
3. slightly re-worked action
4. complimentary night-sights (during slide refinish)
5. 2.0 backstraps (awesome grip texture)

Great gun, now. It's a keeper, no added cost.

tempting to send it in to get it worked on before trading it just in case it becomes a keeper --- since at least some of the work should be warranty related.

I guess from the responses so far, the stock 2.0 beats a 1.0 with Apex mods.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Send the full size 1.0 in for the above mentioned free upgrade. Then buy a 2.0 compact. Now you have two different guns for the price of one.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would trade it in toward an upgrade. There are some decent deals right now on M&P 2.0. I really like the 2.0 compact.

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Get the free upgrades first then re-evaluate.
Either way, don’t get rid of it as they won’t bring that much.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

This is the approach that I’d take. Seeing as how you can get a new 2.0 for less than $400, you’d probably be lucky to get $200 out of the 1.0.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

This is the approach that I’d take. Seeing as how you can get a new 2.0 for less than $400, you’d probably be lucky to get $200 out of the 1.0.

I would also send it in and see what S&W will do for you first. It's probably worth a little more in trade if it's got documented factory improvements.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sell them both. They are junk.

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I have a older, fully Apex'd 1.0 Pro that I used to shoot IDPA with. However, the horrible accuracy from the early barrel caused it to be relegated to the back of the safe.

However, since Apex is now making basically match-grade barrels, I'm going to get one and fit it myself. (A little DIY project, if you will.)

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm not really clear on what is being discussed here regarding "upgrades" to the 1.0 M&P pistols. As I understand it, S&W will replace early 9mm barrels due to accuracy issues, correct? Plus what else?

I have an older FS M&P40, which I've had no trouble with, and actually like after some slight APEX(AEK, updated sear housing block) changes. Is there anything they offer regarding this model?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post