SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Deputy is suing SIG for $10 million from P320 injury
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deputy is suing SIG for $10 million from P320 injury Login/Join 
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I'm with you guys. I use a Mitch Rosen Premier (OWB, snap loops) and if I need to secure it at the jail or court, the whole unit comes off & goes into the locker.

(Yes, with my keys also. Been there, not doin' it again.)

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BehindBlueI's:
...it's pretty easy to determine if a gun discharged in the holster or not. You don't have to be a forensic expert to figure that out. Lying about it would be dispelled very quickly.

If no witnesses or video, our procedure would be to take the gun and holster to our Crime Lab and attempt to reproduce the incident in controlled settings recreating the circumstances the officer claimed. We carry Glocks and the only in-the-holster discharges I'm aware of resulted from foreign objects in the holster.

I'm not only concerned with foreign objects in the holster, also domestically made ones. Smile

But seriously, many NDs are caused by things like drawstrings/shirt-tails etc in the holster.... not just fingers as many on gun boards seem to think. Personally, I love clip on holsters (as a civilian) because when I need to disarm, I can take off the whole rig, with the pistol never leaving the holster. My pistols never leave their kydex holsters (even in the safe)... unless they are being shot or cleaned.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
I'm with you guys. I use a Mitch Rosen Premier (OWB, snap loops) and if I need to secure it at the jail or court, the whole unit comes off & goes into the locker.

(Yes, with my keys also. Been there, not doin' it again.)
Funny, I'm a civie and when I'm traveling / staying in a hotel, when I take the pistol off for the night the keys go right with it. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
[SPELLINGNAZI]civvie[/SPELLINGNAZI]

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
In hotels, the keys go with the gun, every time.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
[SPELLINGNAZI]civvie[/SPELLINGNAZI]
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post