SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK VP9 trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK VP9 trigger Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I am really liking my VP9, had it well over a year now and it shoots great. My only complaint is the long take up on the trigger. Does anyone do a trigger job on VP9s that cleans that up a little?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I am really liking my VP9, had it well over a year now and it shoots great. My only complaint is the long take up on the trigger. Does anyone do a trigger job on VP9s that cleans that up a little?

Robert Burke did 2 of mine. That being said, the VP9 triggers out of the box were pretty good.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always been a SAO or SA/DA kind of guy, never cared for DAO but in the last few years I got a couple of Glocks and a 9mm VP9 Tactical. I LOVE shooting the VP9, I think the trigger is nice and crisp and better than any Glock I've shot, and the ergonomics suit me well. I recently shot a P30L and I have to say I like the VP9 better, the reset on the P30L is longer and looser than the VP9.

So far I have only run 124 Winchester NATO through it, 300-400 flawless rounds.

Posts: 209 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had my VP worked on by lazywolfguns.com in Oregon.

I think he did a fine job. Not the best communicator but he did good work. I would go back to him if I need another gun worked on.

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two VP9s both LE models. The older one in FDE has a much smoother trigger than the newer black model.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LVJD:
I have two VP9s both LE models. The older one in FDE has a much smoother trigger than the newer black model.

When you say “older” what year do you mean vs. the “newer” one?

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I don't find the VP9 trigger 'perfect', but the one on my earlier example (lighter recoil spring) is pretty damn good as-is. I've always felt so about it, even when it new right out of the box.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
I don't find the VP9 trigger 'perfect', but the one on my earlier example (lighter recoil spring) is pretty damn good as-is. I've always felt so about it, even when it new right out of the box.

I concur. Pretty damn good. Now the P30 is another story. That first pull is horrific. It should never have left the factory.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I put a Lobos trigger on mine. Perfect trigger upgrade.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I put a Lobos trigger on mine. Perfect trigger upgrade.

Darth, that’s a great looking slide. Where did you have it done?

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Well confession time. Although I have that trigger in red, I was too lazy to dig my gun out of the safe, snap a pic, host and post it so I swiped it from the cyber. IIRC, that gun belongs to the owner of the Lobos trigger design and manufacturing. Yes, it is a nice looking pistol for sure. Mine is plain ol black Smile

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i did the same thing. lobos trigger and just a bit of polishing made it just perfect for me. maybe even better than my beloved Steyrs.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well confession time. Although I have that trigger in red, I was too lazy to dig my gun out of the safe, snap a pic, host and post it so I swiped it from the cyber. IIRC, that gun belongs to the owner of the Lobos trigger design and manufacturing. Yes, it is a nice looking pistol for sure. Mine is plain ol black Smile

Eek Wink

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Okay, this one is mine. Big Grin

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, this one is mine. Big Grin

Very nice! I have a NIB Grey LE model.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Nice. I love the VP9. Big Grin

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i plan to pick up a second one if they ever bring the optics ready model to the US. it may get a flat trigger this time around. Big Grin

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post