SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Nice P229 Synergy!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nice P229 Synergy! Login/Join 
Picture of Tooky13
posted
Picked up an older P229 in .40 a while ago from a retired LEO. He really took care of it and it was in great shape. I just put it together with an RX Conversion kit that I got from member ‘nshumway’ (at a killer price) and, together, they make a very nice package. I’ve got just over $800 into it and In addition to be good looking, it’s a terrific shooter... feels like you’re cheating Wink. Plus, I still have a very nice .40 should I decide to swap back.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
That is dead sexy!

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
please briefly discuss the RX conversion kit. That looks like a great setup!

-whisky

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
please briefly discuss the RX conversion kit. That looks like a great setup!

-whisky

The conversion kit is as simple as it gets if you're changing calibers from .40 to 9mm. The kit comes with a new slide, barrel, guide rod and spring (and the RX comes with the RMR). Plus it comes with a 9mm mag. You just remove the slide and replace it with the new one... good to go!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Dang it! Now I want an RX conversion for my 229/.40. Thanks for planting that seed... Frown

Seriously, looks great -- enjoy!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
and the RX comes with the RMR

I'm pretty sure that Trijicon has very little to do with the SIG Romeo reflex sight. I realize that some see 'RMR' as a generic term for pistol optics but all that does is bug the livin' hell out of me. Now if SIG actually made their slides compatible with the American-made Trijicon unit, maybe such things would make me less uptight about such trivialities.

The factory pistol models with the RX setup as standard seems fairly nice but for us they don't SELL particularity well. Though there are plenty of those who don't know the difference, most folks that frequent our shop and shop the RX really DO want a real RMR over the Chinese-made Romeo.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice looking setup, especially without the rail.

Looking forward to getting my setup to the range and seeing how it does.

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
and the RX comes with the RMR

I'm pretty sure that Trijicon has very little to do with the SIG Romeo reflex sight. I realize that some see 'RMR' as a generic term for pistol optics but all that does is bug the livin' hell out of me. Now if SIG actually made their slides compatible with the American-made Trijicon unit, maybe such things would make me less uptight about such trivialities.

Thanks for the clarification Soggy. You’re obviously in a position where you deal with these on a daily basis and have to be careful that you don’t mislead customers. I’ll admit that I assumed RMR (Ruggedized Miniaturized Reflex) was a generic term and didn’t realize it was copyrighted by Trijicon. Taking a second look, I see the circled ‘R’ following RMR. I can say that I’ve got the same reflex sight (Romeo) on my P226 Legion and it’s been great.

Abraham Lincoln

posted Hide Post
Not only is that a fabulous looking - envy-invoking - setup ... but you understand lighting and how to take pitchers as well!! Smile I'm glad I've kept my two triple-digit .40's ...

Posts: 426 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post