SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    **Warning pic heavy** Calling colt_saa or anyone else with a P229 Sport Stock pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**Warning pic heavy** Calling colt_saa or anyone else with a P229 Sport Stock pistol Login/Join 
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
The barrel has KK and the serial # is AI20xxx.

quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
i never fired or removed the comp & couldn't tell if it is the thicker bull barrel.

I noticed the compensator on mine would loosen up after a box of ammo. I don't know if that was because most all the wedge screw threads were stipped out or some other reason, From that point on, I would put some blue loktite on the wedge screw, after cleaning, and barely snug it up. That worked until I decided to do surgery on it.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
kk does make it an early one & you do have something unique in a proofed, 357sig sport stock.

a hex or flat blade screw??

folks i knew that shot 'em never mentioned anything about the wedge loosening up.

is the comparison of the slides the same as the pic i posted with both 40's laying side by side?

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Both of the sports had the hex screws.

quote:
is the comparison of the slides the same as the pic i posted with both 40's laying side by side?

Basically, yes. The plain stainless pistols' slides looked like a standard 229 slide. The sight cuts have some VERY slight differences and the shaping of the slides' noses are the same. The sport is different in that it has sharp edges where the nose and sides/top meet. That is why I had those edges slightly radiused to look like the edges on your stock.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you had 2 of these?

post some pics of both sides of this creation please.

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I bought the damaged one first, then a NIB compensated sport came on the market and I snatched it up.

Right now the damaged one is at the machine shop where the milling will be done. It has been there awhile.

I need to get in touch with them early tomorrow and see if they can hold off until I can get the answers I need; otherwise, they will mill the slide like the 229 all stainless slides I have.

One way or another, as soon as I get it back, I'll post pics.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
it'll be interesting to see the finished product.

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
In looking at my P229S pistols, no two are exactly the same.

I have 3 P229 Sports in 357SIG, the one P229 Sport Stock also in 357SIG and I have one spare 357SIG Sport barrel

The P229 Sport pistols are serial numbered:
AG27xxx
AH24xxx
AI15xxx

The P229 Sport Stock pistol is serial numbered:
AH19xxx

Only two of the firearms have the barrels serial numbered to the guns

Only two barrels have proof marks

Only one pistol is both proofed and serial numbered

The spare barrel has no proof marks and obviously no serial number

The flats under the front sight are all small, but not uniform in size across the 4 pistols. Almost like different mills were running different versions of the CNC code when the slides were machined

The Sport Stock has a flat that is almost the same size as the sight and is hard to see except from a few angles. It is as hard to spot as the one pictured on your two tone

The cross screws on the comps are all hex key

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Thanks colt_saa! Great information!

I'm kind of surprised at the amount of variation between the parts and pistols.

As soon as the slide is returned and I can reassemble the pistol, I'll put up some pics.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
My pistol started as a Sport, the edges between the muzzle end and the sides/ top of the slide were sharp.

The first work I had done was to have the flat and dovetail milled. I forget who did it but the dovetail wasn't milled correctly and it was obvious.

The second smith who worked on it was Customized Creationz. He had the equipment to round the edges between the muzzle and the sides/ top. He bead blasted the work he did, as well as, the initial area milled for the front sight. He did a great job all around!

The third shop I sent the slide to was Pullman Arms in Worcester, MA. I saw a post on SIGforum by another member about the great work they did for him and decided to have them repair the incorrectly milled dovetail. They microwelded stainless steel into the dovetail, matched the weld to the contour of the top of the slide, milled in the flat and dovetail, and bead blasted the repaired area. They did an outstanding job with the repair. You can't tell there was a repair made.

The LPA sights, which the sights supplied the sports, needed to be fitted even though they were for the P229. My efforts at fitting were less than stellar but it will work. I may take another shot at this in the future.

Here is the result:

And a few pics of the 229 all stainless to show the difference between itand my "sport stock".

colt_saa, looking at the barrel in my other .357 sport, it has a KK date code and proof marks on the opposite side of the caliber marking of the breach. My .40 compensator barrel has the caliber visible with Sig Sauer stamped on the opposite side of the breach and no date code.

Thank you guys for all your help! I really appreciate it!

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
the lemonade turned out very well.

you're to be commended for your patience with all the steps/vendors necessary to complete the project.

you're welcome!

my barrel, "ag" on backside also:

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'm very pleased with the results!

Sic Semper Tyrannis