SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    **Warning pic heavy** Calling colt_saa or anyone else with a P229 Sport Stock pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**Warning pic heavy** Calling colt_saa or anyone else with a P229 Sport Stock pistol Login/Join 
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted
I would like to get a pic of the top of the slide or length and width measurements of the flat under the front sight.

Any help would be appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10-7 leo,

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
does this comparison pic of both in 40 help?

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
It helps some, thanks!

I am still looking for a pic as you are looking at the slide/ sights from above.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i'll try to get a pic later today.

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I am not were the pistol is right now

I went out of town for the Holiday

I will pull it out when I return after Christmas

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Theae are the only pictures I have stored out on the Internet

I am guessing you have already looked at those two

SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
colt_saa, I saw your group pic, very nice!

airbubba, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Sic Semper Tyrannis

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:

That group photo is one of every all stainless P229 variation ever made without an equipment rail or hooked trigger guard.

That is my favorite SIG profile

Merry Christmas to all

SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:

you're welcome.

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
airbubba is your's one that was imported in the last year or an early model?

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
i imported a consecutive s/n pair 18 months ago.

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Is the flat under the front sight of older pistols milled/ appear the same as that of the new pistols or do they look like the flat milled on a non-sport slide?

These are some of the nicest SIG pistols ever!

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
i won't be able to check until tomorrow.

i'l take pics of both an early 229 slide & a newer elite slide.

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
My question above is about the 229 sport stock pistols. I was wondering if the pistols imported in the last year have the flats under the front sight milled differently than the pistols which were made about 15 years ago.

My reasoning is I have a sport pistol that has the compensator, but the previous owner screwed up the compensator. I had the barrel cut and crowned like the stock model and I'm having work done on the slide to mirror the stock model. When I have it finished, I want it to look like the stock model as much as possible.

I have the two tone and natural finish model of the P229 all stainless pistols. If the sport stock slide from 15 years ago looks like the standard slide, I can get the measurements off my stainless models. If the older sport stock model is like yours, I can get the measurements off the pics you have provided.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
thanks for clarifying what you want.

i sold my 229sl sport w/comp last summer & never took the same pics of the top of the slide for comparison.

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
The recent production 229sl pistols have noticeably different milling for the front sight than all of the older 229 pistols I have. The flat under the front sight, on the newer pistols is much wider than the flat on all the older pistols I have, or have seen. Until you posted the pics of your pistol, I would have thought the older sport stock would have been the same as the pistols I have.

The pistol I have, which is trying to identify as a Sport Stock, has had the barrel transition completed (cut and target crown), rounding the corners on the nose of the slide, LPA adjustable sights in hand and the last thing to complete the transition is to mill for the front sight.

The milling on the compensator of the sport pistol, for the front sight, is basically the same as the milling on my two tone stainless pistol, natural finish stainless pistol, and all the aluminum framed pistols I have.

The sport model, with the compensator, has the standard rounded countour to the top of the slide itself and no cut for the front sight.

P229 all stainless pistols, left to right in the pic- sport w/ comp, two tone, natural stainless

For the transitioning pistol, the compensator's dovetail was badly damaged and the threads for the barrel wedge screw were almost gone. Since the compensator was screwed up on the pistol, I decided to make lemonade from lemons and create a "Sport Stock" which I didn't have and complete my set.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
please post an end pic of the cut-down threaded barrel when you get a chance.

i never fired or removed the comp & couldn't tell if it is the thicker bull barrel.

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Here are pics of the cut and crowned sport barrel. My local smith, who only cut/ crowned the barrel, didn't have a cutter to put an angle on the crown so he did a 90 deg cut. It looks close to an original crown.

Here is a pic of my natural stainless P229 barrel.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
some good pics, thanks, what's the barrel date?

this was mine, "ad".