SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How about an Interesting Choice?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How about an Interesting Choice? Login/Join 
posted
I was thinking about selling a gun and adding a gun recently and the purchase of a new gun always is fun and interesting for me. So two guns in basically the same price range and same size are what I am looking at. PLEASE refrain from adding other choices. I realize that is a forum staple and I have done it myself but I have looked at countless other handguns already.

Anyway the two contenders: A Wilson tricked up SigP320 with the Gray Guns trigger package or the Barretta 92 with the Langdon Special Trigger package.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Both!

Or just the Sig P320 with the Gray Guns trigger package and the Wilson sprinkles.

The P320 allows for more interchangability for future mods, or you could just have the same old 9mm.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a guy who has a few P320s, you just can't beat metal TDA. Add in a trigger job by LTT and you have an outstanding pistol with a surreal trigger!

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know you said not to add/make a big change but have you checked out the Beretta 92X? It offers a lot for the money over the standard 92fs-(steel parts,front sight options,grip options,better trigger pull and frame texturing included), and can be found still for $600-700 nib. Being you are looking for a Beretta, there are options in the line that won't break the bank but offer more benefits right out of the box.

With that said, out of the da/sa pistols available today, the Beretta line is my favorite and hard to beat in any configuration. I had a 320 and it was a great pistol. Nothing wrong with the gun itself, as it shot perfectly but the short trigger pull was not for me.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Of those options, I'd vastly prefer the 92. I hated on the 92 for years, but recently came to the realization that I was wrong. It's big, and it's heavy, but they are great shooters.

I've got one that appears box stock from a distance that I added a Langdon Trigger Job in a Bag to and replaced the plastic bits with metal. It's a delight to shoot and is not a gun I'd willingly part with.

Polymer striker fired guns are great, and I've got a bunch of them, but I've yet to handle one with "custom" bits that I felt was comparable to what could be achieved with similar work on a metal framed hammer fired gun.

But that is personal preference. You may feel completely differently and I'd not argue the point.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Between the two, I’d have to go with the P320. They have a lot going for them. I’d like to check out one of the Wilson grip modules, but for now I’m liking the slightly modified X-frame that I have.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I vote Langdon.

The P320 has come a long way with all of the aftermarket modding that's taken place, but there's still as yet no comparison to a breathed-over Beretta by Langdon Tactical in my book, and I'm normally a striker guy. An LTT with his mystical, magical trigger work is on my radar. Besides, I don't think that the P320 in any modified form is even the best "interesting choice" in the striker world (and I'll leave it at that).

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are looking at two entirely different trigger systems, so comparing them is difficult. I had Robert Burke do the competition trigger on my P320 and was very happy with it. I also installed the Langdon Tactical “Trigger Job in a Bag” to my Beretta 92, and was truly amazed! The Beretta double action is very smooth, and light at 7#,8oz, with a single action of 3#,10oz, with a reset noticeably shorter than the SRT on my Sigs(this is with a “D” model hammer spring installed) The down side to the Beretta is the length of the trigger pull in double action- very long compared to the P320,but again, light and smooth.
If you are prefer the DA/SA action, then the Beretta with the TJIAB is the way to go- there is a video on Langdon Tactical website on how to install everything. Worked for me, and I had never fully disassembled my Beretta before that.
If you prefer the striker fired system, then the P320 is an excellent choice. My LGS has a Wilson P320, and I am undecided about whether the cost is justified, since the P320 has so many options available for customizing. While I love the Beretta, I find the P320 more ergonomic for me, fitting my hand very well, and the sights line up perfectly for me when I draw from the holster.

Good luck in choosing.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd go with the Beretta. I recently compared these two side by side at the shop, along with a Sig 320 RXP. IMHO, the Wilson 320 just isn't worth the asking price.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The 92 in a heartbeat. I am not a huge 320 fan but that is not my reasoning.

My reasoning is that the 320 is a plastic striker fired gun.....just like the eleventy billion others.

The Beretta is a hammer fired all metal gun in a format at the top of its game. Not only is it more interesting and has more character but is more likely to disappear sooner then later so the industry can make room for plastic, striker fired eleventy billion and one. Smile

So the Beretta all day long.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was thinking about selling a gun and adding a gun recently

If this might be the usual procedure - it was for me for a long time - then I would recommend the Beretta.

From a resale position, the 320 with whatever farkles it may have, is still just a 320. The Beretta will almost always have a higher resale value over the long term. (Ask anyone who has bought and then sold or traded a M&P "Performance Center" if you have doubts)

From a shooting perspective, the two are both fantastic. The Sig will give you less weight, more modularity, and almost certainly the better trigger. The Beretta will have a smoother action, and a selection of grips and extras that are the domain of metal framed guns.

Neither is a bad choice. It just depends on your desire for the weapon's purpose. If you want the modularity and the ability to easily adapt newer age tech, the Sig is your bet. If you want long-term value, nostalgic class, and ivory grips, the Beretta can give you that.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
The 92 in a heartbeat. I am not a huge 320 fan but that is not my reasoning.

My reasoning is that the 320 is a plastic striker fired gun.....just like the eleventy billion others.

The Beretta is a hammer fired all metal gun in a format at the top of its game. Not only is it more interesting and has more character but is more likely to disappear sooner then later so the industry can make room for plastic, striker fired eleventy billion and one. Smile

So the Beretta all day long.

100% agree with cslinger recommendation and reasoning. I have been lusting after this 92 for a while... just can’t swing the $1,600 price tag Confused

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
You have good taste...I don't think you can go wrong either way. Plastic striker guns don't really scratch my itch like a nice metal-framed handgun, but they have their place, and the P320 is my favorite of that genre.

The 92FS, especially the Langdon re-worked variety, is a piece of art and an awesome range piece, although a bit bulky for carry.

I think you'll be happy with whichever one you choose....and if you're like me, you'll probably end up getting the other eventually too, somewhere down the road.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Any Langdon Beretta would be the best choice. Even in today's world, the updated Beretta's by LTT & WC take a back seat to no one.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is so easy I could do it with my eyes closed. I have 320’s and 92’s including an LTT Elite with trigger job. No way in hell I would give up that LTT for any 320. Not even close.

My LTT is the full sized but the LTT Centurion I find very interesting as well and it falls in your scope of options. Option of fiber optic or Spartan night sights. Both outstanding choices.

Don’t think too hard on this one. Get the LTT with trigger work. Either full-size or Centurion. Spare parts, mags, and holsters are plentiful and cheap. And it’s a great shooter to boot.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Wilson 320 is all cosmetic, with the exception of the Grayguns trigger (you said package, but didn't specify). Installation of the Grayguns trigger and packages is dirt simple, and aa whole lot less expensive than the cosmetic Wilson pistol.

Wilson makes great products, but the Wilson P320 isn't a wilson product; it's a Sig product with few cosmetic changes and their grip module. You caan buy a P320 and throw a grip module on it and put a Grayguns trigger for a lot less. Even play with the sights.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyway the two contenders: A Wilson tricked up SigP320 with the Gray Guns trigger package or the Barretta 92 with the Langdon Special Trigger package.

Easy, the LTT.

Q

Posts: 26350 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the replies. As much as I am a Sig fan and have had many I have been leaning to the Barretta and the many replies helped me confirm my choice. Now to sell a gun and find one in stock.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
LTT92 of course. Really enjoy shooting a finely tuned Beretta. Try to find the compact LTT version. Easy to carry & the 15rd mags work nicely.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a 320 fan. Buy the beretta. Mine is a stock, no trigger job model and I really like it. But I have more Beretta than sigs. I may be biased.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post