SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 newbie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 newbie Login/Join 
posted
I am possibly working a trade for a new P320 sub compact. My question is will the slide of the sub compact fit a compact frame if I wanted to swap it out or am I doing it backwards?

Posts: 95 | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k9shag:
My question is will the slide of the sub compact fit a compact frame if I wanted to swap it out or am I doing it backwards?

You're doing it backwards.

A Subcompact slide will technically fit and function on a Compact grip module, but it will look really funny, with the railed section of the grip module protruding past the front of the slide. And doing so is pointless. I couldn't find a photo of that exact setup, but here's a Subcompact slide on a Full Size grip module, which looks similar:

Doing it the other way around, with a Compact slide on a Subcompact grip module, makes more sense.

If you want the slide length of a Subcompact with the capacity and grip length of a Compact, a better idea is to use a Compact magazine with X-Grip adapter in the Subcompact grip module.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ +1 Yep.

I have P320C 9mm and a SC grip frame module. I can go Compact or Sub-Compact with the same Compact slide. For concealment, a 1/2" longer slide makes no difference in concealability. You also get a longer barrel, sight radius and better balance than with a native SC.

In addition, you can also put a FS slide on the Compact grip. Can then use FS mags or Compact mags. I have a .40 FS X-Change kit and will use the Compact grip frame. Keeps me from having to move the FCU to the FS frame.

Personally, I'm not fond of the X-Grip solution on some guns. Bought one for my G19 to use with G17 mags. Hand contacts part of the X-Grip and mag won't drop freely unless I re-position it. Not good for defensive use.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Kinda like a double stack Honor Guard FIST pistol. Razz

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I asked SIG customer service about this and they said no.

I put a subcompact slide on a compact frame anyway. Just to try.

I had difficulty locking the slide back. Once assembled I again had difficulty locking the slide back and then extreme difficulty turning the takedown lever to disassemble, more so than normal. For a few moments I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to remove the slide.

I will never try that again. I would be afraid to try and shoot it for fear of causing some damage from the recoil.

Putting the compact slide back on, the compact slide can move past the point needed to engage the slide stop without any difficulty. The subcompact slide just barely can make it to the point of engaging with much difficulty.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Looks vaguely familiar. Maybe the front of the grip frame could be sharpened. Razz

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post