SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320s back from sig, voluntary upgrade.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320s back from sig, voluntary upgrade. Login/Join 
posted
I know some have asked how long the process is currently taking. Just recieved 4 P320s back from SIG voluntary upgrade. All went out the same day and were back on my bench in 11 days. Too about 3 week from registration to receiving shipping labels.

Posts: 204 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Com 45acp
posted Hide Post
What is the before and after thoughts. Is this even necessary. Picking up a nib compact tomorrow that hasn’t been sent back yet and don’t know which way to go.

Posts: 521 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the manufacurer says it’s a better product then you should do it. I wouldn’t ignore a voluntary upgrade on my car, I’m definately not going to do it with a firearm.

As for personal “feel” of the gun afterward, I actually think they all came back with great triggers. Weight is almost irrelevant to me, so long as it’s not crazy heavy/light, all gauge 5.7-6.3 pounds. The triggers shape seems a bit more scalloped. They were all returned cleaned and well lubed. I have zero complaints.

posted Hide Post
I don't understand people on the fence. I can understand not getting it done first; wait until the reviews are in. But with very few exceptions, which honestly I view with skepticism, the results are good.

I'm of the opinion that every firearm should be treated with the same care and attention due to a newborn. And if you happen to be negligent, yes negligent, and drop it, the odds are it's not going to hit the sweet spot. So I'm really not terribly concerned about the drop issue. But it costs you nothing to do it. It reduces the already small risk to safety. The pistol comes back with the same feel or better. What is there to be unsure about?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's an upgrade that makes the pistol safer and brings it up to basic safety standards. It's mind numbing that anyone would question if it's needed.

I'm glad to hear Sig is fixing their mistake.

Have you got to shoot them yet?

Posts: 525 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took one out yesterday. Shoots exactly the same as before it went in.

Picture of Com 45acp
posted Hide Post
Why would it be mind numbing to you if it’s a voluntary upgrade not a mandatory upgrade and someone questions the upgrade? Maybe reread my original reply to the op that started the thread. I’m not looking for your mental opinion of someone if they would or would not do the upgrade, I’m asking what are your opinions of before and after effect on the gun and which you prefer.
Thanks hrhawk your answer is what I was looking for. I will be calling them in the morning.

Posts: 521 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrhawk:

Low and to the left? Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

Its ok, I just aim high right.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm glad to hear Sig is fixing their mistake.

'A mistake'...then why make it voluntary? That's the thing about allowing one to choose; either own the issue or SIG and their rabid fans shuts up about any importance in getting the guns back in for 'the upgrade'.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
soggy,

We can always count on you to show your disdain for SIG and in particular the P320. You and a couple of others are too transparent in your agenda.

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Old226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Com 45acp:
What is the before and after thoughts. Is this even necessary. Picking up a nib compact tomorrow that hasn’t been sent back yet and don’t know which way to go.

Personally, I'd still buy it and shoot it enough to make sure there is nothing else to have sig do to it while it's at Sig getting the upgrade. I'd definitely do the upgrade. I've only heard positive comments here and elsewhere. If nothing else, it will help you if you decide to sell it down the road.

Tools of the Trade: WG P226, P228, P229 SAS Gen II, Para P16, S&W 610, Springfield 1911 (Les Baer) 10mm, EMP .40S&W & Ed Brown Executive Carry 45acp

Posts: 168 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
My brother and I got to take my upgraded P320 out today.
No issues at all... I'm pleased with it.

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have a sight pusher for those issues . . .

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amhaynie:
quote:
quote:
quote:

His name is Raul.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by amhaynie:
quote:
quote:
quote:

His name is Raul.

And apparently Raul is cheating on me

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that I decided to play with Sigs for USPSA and IDPA, I pretty much have to send them in for the upgrade because all most all of the aftermarket parts from Gray Guns, and Apex are only made for the the "upgraded" 320s.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
I dropped mine off at FedEx on 28 Feb. Just got the email saying it would be delivered to my door on 7 Mar. 8 days total turnaround. Not too shabby.

Posts: 1513 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post