SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Getting Beretta 92FS Centurion refinished...but
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting Beretta 92FS Centurion refinished...but Login/Join 
posted
Since I'm not in the market for a new handgun, I decided to let the fine folks of CCR Refinishing re-do my Beretta 92FS Centurion from 1994. I picked it up about a year ago and made several upgrades:
- new blackened SS guide rod
- Extended mag release
- WC thin grips
- Allegheny replaced back site with U-shaped blackened sights and drill-out integral front sight and installed green LED.

I also installed a Langdon Trigger job in a bag. It is a sweet handgun with amazing DA/SA trigger.

Since it has an aluminum frame, I cannot get CP II Dusk for all metal parts. So I opted for cera-hyde "house black" for everything except the barrel and trigger, which will be CPII (silvery).

But here's what just occurred to me. The trigger job hand-stoned the sear and trigger bar (etc.) for the smooth action. If these get unblued, parkerized, and sprayed with cera-hyde (the process), won't that defeat the purpose of the smoothed metal parts? How much do you think that refinish would affect the trigger action?

CCR has the gun and it is probably a month until they do the work so I'm looking for some advance input.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batty67,

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Have you discussed this with CCR? They are the one doing the job.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have had them do several Sigs and a Beretta 92A1 and they all came out beautiful. Even the mags. They are easier to clean and look great. I dont have a photo hosting site or I would post some pics.

I had my Beretta done in CP2 and Cera-hyde and the Sigs were a two tone with CP2 and Tri-tanium gray.

I am not sure about the effect on trigger performance, mine were factory triggers and I noticed no change in performance in those.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Not yet. I wanted to get some advanced input so I could have the conversation in an informed and concise manner. And I have a few weeks so I figured I'd start here. Thanks.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Not yet. I wanted to get some advanced input so I could have the conversation in an informed and concise manner. And I have a few weeks so I figured I'd start here. Thanks.

Hopefully, they will see this thread and chime in to answer your questions.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
Batty 67
If you are referring to the "Langdon Trigger Job in a Bag" that you put in your Beretta most of what you are feeling is coming from the new springs which we don't refinish

If anything our Cera-Hide being a self lubricating coating would improve it. We can also CPII Nickel Boron Nitride plate the internals for the smoothest action

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not call Langdon and get his input?
In the past,he has said plating sear surfaces
would require re-doing the trigger job.

I was interested in getting NP3 on the action
parts in one of his pistols and that's what
I was told.
Hope this helps.
Regards, Jack

Posts: 360 | Location: West Palm Beach | Registered: March 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
Jack830
That's odd considering that they sell the parts in blue or NP3

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CCR,

Thanks for chiming in. I'll go with what you recommend. I'm thinking CPII for internals and for barrel and trigger. House black frame and slide and external parts. Basically, besides the barrel and trigger, I want the outside of the gun to be black.

Will this work and maintain the improved trigger? Thanks!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCR:
Jack830
That's odd considering that they sell the parts in blue or NP3

I understood the expalnation to mean that he did the work (stoning, polishing,
etc.) AFTER the plating.
I am sure if you contact Mr. Langdon, he will explain it to your satisfaction.
It might even be that his procedure is different now than when I contacted him.
Regards, Jack

Posts: 360 | Location: West Palm Beach | Registered: March 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post