SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Altamont Roper style olive wood stocks for my 686
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Altamont Roper style olive wood stocks for my 686 Login/Join 
Engraving is
scratching
on purpose
Picture of mm6mm6
posted
I'm super happy with my new, just delivered Altamont stocks in olive wood for my 686 (K/L-Frame square butt) in their new Roper style. Fit and finish are superb. They don't cover the backstrap so they're not as big all the way around. They feel good in my hand. $95 shipped.

My dad and my god father sold Altamont grips for their owner, Ken Enright back in the early 1980s. He was a kind man and easy to work with. He passed away earlier this year and if you'd like to read an interesting obituary, here it is. Altamont makes all of S&W's current wood grips, rifle stocks for Ruger, and many other grips and stocks for several other firearms manufacturers.

http://www.news-gazette.com/ob...kenneth-enright.html

-Steve

Posts: 985 | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A set of those would look nice on my 45 Colt Mountain Gun, as well as my Ruger GP-100. Thanks- now I have to save more money for gun stuff!!

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice

Posts: 95 | Location: Richardson, Texas | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those stocks are beautiful. I had no idea olivewood looked so good. Thanks for sharing. Now I have the urge to dress up a couple of my S&W's!

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Beautiful furniture on a great revolver. I need to add a set of those.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Beautiful.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely outstanding. Gorgeous. Sometimes, it's good to just step away from polymer for a while.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I've been looking at Altamont for a pair of bonded ivory stocks for my old 3-screw Ruger .45. The quality shown in your pictures may have convinced me.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And your El Paso Tom Threepersons is cool too!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of g26s239
posted Hide Post
Those are real nice congrats.

Posts: 1284 | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Posts: 5283 | Location: GA | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice stocks at a not too bad price! May have to spring for some of those.

Posts: 3288 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Very nice set of grips there . . . Makes the revolver look real pretty

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Looks good!

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wbw2
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 1372 | Location: martinsburg, wv | Registered: March 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Absolutely beautiful!

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic looking.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those sure look nice. Will be looking at a set for my 686 4". Thanks for the pics.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post