SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P220 Capacity
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P220 Capacity Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
1st Gen P220ST

NICE!!!

Posts: 11 | Registered: September 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
RLinhares,
Yes, I collect them.
I have only strayed twice with SIG pistols in reference to the all stainless variants.

Got a great deal once on a P226 W. German with the folded slide. Didn't like the light weight with the aluminum alloy frame. Gave it to a friend.

Got another great deal on a P290RS with the polymer frame. Tried to like it, had many issues with it, poor reliability. Sent it back to the factory. When it returned, I traded it away.

The only all stainless Sig that I ever got rid of was a P232SL. Blowback operation in .380ACP.
Heavy for it's size.
Sub optimal caliber.
Relatively low capacity.
Snappy recoil due to no locked breech.
It's not that I'm recoil sensitive,
I shoot .357 Mag, .44 Mag, .500 S & W Mag and .375 H & H.
I just didn't like the P232SL.
Sold it and never looked back.

So for quite a years, the only SIG's I own now are the all stainless variants.
In SIG pistols, I collect only P220's and P226's.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1532 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks cee-Kamp.

Personally I am a fan of Sig pistols (have yet to try their AR's)... I think the P226s are a brilliant piece of engineering and an absolute great sidearm.

I like weight - in my mind, it translates into stability and consequently good results. And definitely don't shy from recoil (the Army taught me to love a 45 - reliability and endurance above all).

Not sure if what I have is a love/hate relationship with most alloy and polymer guns, but they just seem to be a little too much on the light side - no, not complaining, just observing. Not a fan of cutting the slide to reduce weight (somehow I don't like to think of dirt dropping on the inside of my gun).

Well... you got me convinced to go look for a couple of 220's in stainless steel...

One more question for you... would milling the slide and installing a Romeo red dot on a SS P220, in your opinion, damage the slide?... can you even find replacement slides for a SS P220?...

Thanks,

Rom

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RLinhares:
....would milling the slide and installing a Romeo red dot on a SS P220, in your opinion, damage the slide?... can you even find replacement slides for a SS P220?...

Thanks,

Rom

Once you cut into it, it's irreversible. In that sense, it's damaged, no longer original. Otherwise, you are not damaging anything, if the job is done professionally correctly.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
....would milling the slide and installing a Romeo red dot on a SS P220, in your opinion, damage the slide?... can you even find replacement slides for a SS P220?...

Thanks,

Rom

Once you cut into it, it's irreversible. In that sense, it's damaged, no longer original. Otherwise, you are not damaging anything, if the job is done professionally correctly.

Thanks!

Rom

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Thanks...

Anyone can recommend a good place for milling the slide?... not sure I know anyone...

Rom

Thanks!

Rom

Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Me personally? I would source another slide and take it out to the shop and machine it.
Try a WTB ad in the classified section.
For my use I would avoid early stainless slides with internal extractors.
I try and buy only P220 and P226 pistols & slides with the short external extractors.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1532 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfect!

Tanks again! I really appreciate it.

R

Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Here is a P220 with a 10 round magazine.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:

Big... might be good to carry as an extra mag in the truck...

Thanks,

R

Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Definitely not meant to carry. I use them for steels matches.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:

Big... might be good to carry as an extra mag in the truck...

Thanks,

R

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

What's the second mag cut-out for?

sig nut', haulin' 3 sig 228's

Posts: 264 | Location: over lookin' beach and border | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post