SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Sauer Romeo Zero Optic [Question/Insight]
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Sauer Romeo Zero Optic [Question/Insight] Login/Join 
Picture of bschuu
posted
Sup Sig Forum fam!

I just bought a P365XL with a Romeo Zero 1x18mm optic included.

QUESTION - Anyone have insight on this optic? Good and Bad...
Would the Romeo 1 1x30mm optic would fit this slide if I didn't like the Romeo Zero?

Appreciate your insight!

"I've heard it said that God made all men, but Samuel Colt made all men equal."

Posts: 138 | Location: CA --> TN | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
That's a negative on the Romeo 1. Different footprints.

As far as the optic goes, it looks to be a little more durable than the Shield RMS or RMSC that costs 2x as much and has a manual brightness setting. If you don't like the sight, or want one that can take more of a pounding, the Holosun 407k/507k are starting to trickle into retailers, but are a little hard to find.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the insight, Dan!

Posts: 138 | Location: CA --> TN | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up my 365xl Romeozero, too. One of my other guns is a 320 Compact w Romeo 1. The Zero is more of a budget/non-duty optic. I think it’s downside includes the lack of a cover and the placement of the brightness button. To change the brightness you definitely have to un-holsterit. I intend to set it and forget it. I have tried the same setting in various lighted environments, including bright outdoors, and
it worked fine. Interestingly, despite the smaller lens than the Romeo 1, I find it easy to find The dot and keep it there. If you decide to replace it at some point, the Holosun is Chinese (which I try to avoid). The Swampfox Sentinel looks really sweet, with an automatic and manual version, a lens cover and, I believe, a polymer and aluminum option. but it is more expensive. Good luck.

Posts: 9 | Location: Savannah, GA | Registered: July 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
Good stuff, Savannah man.
The gun is great for an EDC and the sight looks good. I'm surprised that mine didnt have what a lot of others had... dot not showing in the sight, having to make multiple adjustments, etc. Mine seemed pretty accurate right out the box minus a few small tweaks in height (personal preference).
Overall, I love the feel, grip, everything about the P365 and P365XL.

You enjoying your "P"shooter yet?

posted Hide Post
I like mine, have to clean it daily, wear it at 3 o’clock. Wonder if the is some kind of holster cover to keep rust out.

Holds zero, everyone has to practice finding dot

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Not sure how close the Original posters Romeo is to the one I have on my P320 compact but what I learned on 'finding' the dot is to practice drawing and aim as you do normally with the iron sights... make it natural as you come up to line up back and front sights and then take that extra nano second to sight in on the dot.... as long as the dot is sighted in and you have the proper grip and finger placement etc.... then the round will end up where it is supposed to be.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Not sure how close the Original posters Romeo is to the one I have on my P320 compact but what I learned on 'finding' the dot is to practice drawing and aim as you do normally with the iron sights... make it natural as you come up to line up back and front sights and then take that extra nano second to sight in on the dot.... as long as the dot is sighted in and you have the proper grip and finger placement etc.... then the round will end up where it is supposed to be.

The only issue i noticed when shooting my P365XL was my tools didn't fit to adjust the L/R or the Elevation... It shot perfect but the dot is about 1-2cm to the left and 1-2cm above my front sight. It shoots like a dream, but my 1/16 didnt fit to adjust the dot.

As for my P320 Romeo 1, only issue I have is the screws kept comin loose making the sight wiggle after about 5 shots. What should I use, loctite?

Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:
I like mine, have to clean it daily, wear it at 3 o’clock. Wonder if the is some kind of holster cover to keep rust out.

Holds zero, everyone has to practice finding dot

What holster do you use currently?
The more i shoot mine, the more I love it.

posted Hide Post
I put a DPP on my M17 Bravo and the screws had pre-applied blue thread locker and the torque spec is 25 in-lbs. I use a torque driver and those screws a pretty damn tight. If they loosen up, some blue loctite should do the job. Not sure what the Romeo torque spec is though.

Romeo Zero is almost certainly made in China or somewhere else in Asia and may have metric set screws.

Take a look at Tulster's new OATH series:

https://tulster.com/inside-the...c2&mc_eid=1e701a6498

I use a highly recommend their IWB holsters, but this new line appears to be much more versatile.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
What tool does one use to correct L/R & Up/Down on the Romeo Zero?

Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
.050" allen wrench.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post