SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 SAO snapcap question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 SAO snapcap question Login/Join 
Picture of neverfollow
posted
ANIB P226 SAO, only mod is swap out plastic Sig grips for wood Sig grips. Started using snap caps on my pistols due to ammo situation. DA/SA Sigs work fine. P226 SAO will only ‘fire’ once, then I have to cock the hammer. Is this normal ( I ask since I have not taken this firearm to the range yet so no function test).

Thanks for the help.

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: March 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yes, the DA/SA trigger can be pulled over an over since you are doing it in DA mode.

SAO/SA you will have to cock the hammer each time.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by neverfollow:
DA/SA Sigs work fine. P226 SAO will only ‘fire’ once, then I have to cock the hammer. Is this normal
That's what SAO means: Single Action Only. The trigger has one action: releasing the hammer. It doesn't cock the hammer like a double action.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of neverfollow
posted Hide Post
Perfect. Thank you. Since I hadn’t fired it yet I had concern that something was wrong. First SAO.

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: March 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
A foam earplug in front of the firing pin works nicely also. It’s more quiet and cheaper.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post