SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Options for 220 Euro grips?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Options for 220 Euro grips? Login/Join 
Picture of Rustpot
posted
I have another old 9mm thanks to a friend. The decent wood Sile grips that were ~$35 if memory serves that I put on my last one don't seem to be around anymore.

What options are out there? I'm aware Hogue makes G10 and wood options, anyone have any feedback? Specifically if the checkered wood is roughly the same size, or is it larger?

I think the Sile grips were slightly thicker at the backstrap and had a longer LOP, but it's been a long time since I held them, I just recall them feeling very planted and natural, more so than the stock plastic.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
There is always Karl Nill (pricey).

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
You could send this company an email, perhaps they have some Euro grips.
Based in Zurich.
https://www.gunfactory.ch/index.htm

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
I have a set of Hogue OD/Black layered G10's on my Euro P220. They are much thinner on the sides. Imageine the stock plastic grips run on a sanding belt until the sides are flattened down 1/8 inch, that's what they feel like shape-wise. So in all actuality, the stock checkered plastic is more comfy (hand form filling because rounder), but the checkered G10's are much grippier and stable in actualy shooting.

If you do a Ebay search for P220 European grips. There are a bunch of nice looking checkered wood ones from Thailand with a buy it now of $60. They look decent in the pics, and the price is cheap.

The cheapest wood I can find from Hogue is these smooth Goncalo wood ones for $72 https://www.hogueinc.com/sig-s...ncalo-european-model Although personally, I think the Ebay Thailand ones actually look nicer, but never actually put them on a pistol, so who knows how good they actually fit.

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend Marschal Grips: http://www.marschalgrips.com
They do sell European (mag heal release) Sig P220 grips in a variety of custom wood choices

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I really like the Hogue G10s on a Euro 220 BUT the dang screws keep backing out. Per Hogue's website I'm going to try torquing them in, but I'm going to balk at their suggestion to use blue Loctite. The grips themselves feel great. They don't have the slightly squared-off feel at the back that some wood Hogues I've tried and what I believe is a pair of Siles also seem to have. The way they're shaped makes it comfortable to wrap my hand solidly around the grip. FWIW, I've got the black checkered versions and I think the way they look lends itself well to a classic SIG pistol. Right now that seems to be the only option on their website for the Euro 220, but you might try giving them a call if you'd like a different grip texture.

If you'd like a slightly fuller grip, particularly where the back of the grip fits into your hand, the wood Hogues do tend to fit well and hold up well. If Hogue is still doing auctions on their site, "winning" an auction for a smooth pair of grips you like and then having Hogue checker them for you before shipping them has been a reasonably affordable way of getting some very nice grips in the past.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post