SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Shadow 2 Upgrades ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Shadow 2 Upgrades ? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone doing any upgrades on the Shadow 2? Is it even worth it on such a higher end production pistol? I understand one can always “find” some upgrades to do, but wanted your thoughts.

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I just installed the Apex Tactical kit. Gave me a great DA trigger, with a SA that you can prep. None of the Cajun stuff is prepable.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Send it to Cajun for a tune?

I sent them a std 75 and my PO1. They did their tune, accuracy bushing and some sights.

Both are transformed. But especially the PO1. I have an S2 and the tuned PO1 is a bit better!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I’m eventually sending mine to CZ Custom for a solid trigger (no over-travel stew hole), custom trigger package (lighten mainspring a couple lbs, extended firing pin and competition hammer) and have a custom gold bead front site installed. The fiber optic FS is way too small for my tired eyes.
The project is pretty low on my priority list however... will probably get to it by the end of the year.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I just put the Apex kit into the Shadow 2 that’s SAO using a Cajun Gun Works single action only trigger, disconnector removed, and 13lb main spring. I’m not well versed in describing the trigger, but it provides a much nicer feel before the hammer drops. More solid and feels like it’s heavier, but that might be my imagination.

I’m planning to make the other Shadow a carry optics gun and so will put the DA parts back in with an Apex kit.

It’s moved it farther away from feeling like the trigger in the TSO I have, which is way light and could be called a click bang trigger. 2lbs or less, guessing, and doesn’t take much to fire it. The Shadow 2 is heavier and more deliberate which is good.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Dawson Precision sights
Cajun competition trigger kit
Henning Group grips and mag base pads.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mainspring change and maybe polishing is all you really need. My first one was a second-hand CZC worked-over model, the hammer, the disco etc. When I got the second one, spring change gave me nearly as good trigger. I ended up fitting the same parts in it myself later just to have two similar triggers but really it is a good trigger as is. Mine are setup for CO so there is a lot of lightening done but that's just to make the division weight.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post