SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Best looking X5?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best looking X5? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I vote for for the gen 1 Black & White. Second place: the base L1. No rails or technicolor bling, just elemental X5 goodness. My Competition isn't far behind, now that I've replaced its cheap polymer grips with Hogue checkered G10 grips.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Agree with you about the Gen1 B&W. Anything else colored is not my style.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Hmm...regular Gen1 L1 for a P226 X-Five is what I think of as the standard-bearer for the type, and the one that looks best to me. But I actually prefer the look and proportions of a comparable X-Six even more.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Since I purchased the last B&W from the SIG Pro Shop, I vote B&W Big Grin

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Agree with you about the Gen1 B&W. Anything else colored is not my style.

Newf's Maple Leaf is pretty nice looking for a colored (or do Canadians spell it coloured) gun.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Whichever one is in your safe, of course. Razz

Grips do make a big difference. The wood grips on the L1's are a great combo. I think my 1st Gen Allround looked better with the tan pirhanas I had on it, but it feels better with the black chainlinks.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any you have in hand.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I'm partial to my Scandic but its too nice to shoot. I like the stealth fighter angles on the newer ones but not the rail/tail

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I like my .40 S&W All Round Gen 1, with auxiliary Bar-Sto .357 sig and 9mm barrels.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gen 1 X5 Tactical is without a doubt the sexiest X series to me.

Posts: 492 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: June 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I can't believe talking about best looking X-guns, and no one posted a single pic. That's just unacceptable. Eek

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post

P226-X5L1

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Second best.

Q

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't believe talking about best looking X-guns, and no one posted a single pic. That's just unacceptable. Eek

you're 100% correct. Pic of two all-steel, SAO beauties...

Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry. I don't post pics as often as I used to since PB screwed us all over. I'm dragging my feet moving pics over to PostImage.

Allround w/ tan piranhas:

Allround w/ black chainlinks:

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

I love my Gen 1 comp with Houges, but dang the B&W is a sexy gun ! I hope to someday get my hands on one of those bad boys

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ That is gorgeous.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Either the L1 or the Tactical

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I had a Black and White X6 on order for about 13 months when I decided to stop waiting and picked up a Scandic Blue.

Three weeks later my Black and White came in

If they had been on the menu back when I grabbed these X6s, I probably would have gone for a Blue Moon.

Image borrowed from SigSauerGuns.Com

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I dig the Blue Moon, too. I've almost bought one a few times and am now kicking myself for not following through.