SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P226 X6 L1
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
SIG P226 X6 L1 Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
After procrastinating for too long, I finally decided to take the X6 L1 to shooting, since I could get in a little time right after work today.

Bought this one used, round count unknown, but still is in excellent condition. I replaced the original wood grips with my favorite, the G10 Supermatch grips.
Trigger is fantastic, and I really mean fantastic. For me, when I measure a trigger's greatness, it has to have zero creep before the sear breaks, in order to be called fantastic. I usually can detect creep even on guns with great triggers, if I'm slow and deliberate enough at pulling, but not on this one. No matter how I attempted to detect any creep at all, there was none on this gun. It just breaks like glass and surprises you. My X5 L1, and the P210 Legend I used to own, are the same with their triggers. YMMV.

Range: indoor
Distance: 25 yards
Position: rest
Ammo: Speer Lawman 124Gr TMJ
Rounds fired: 100
Mags: Mec-Gar 18-, 19-, and 20-rounders
Trigger weight: 3.25 lbs
Malfunctions: none

After the initial getting used to shooting it, my groups keep tightening up, and the best ones are shown here. The target shows actually 2 groups of 5 rounds each. The first group a little to the left. Second group a little above center and just off to right. Weird.

Also shown is the factory test target, shot by T. Boegel, at 25 meters (= 27.3 yards).

Conclusions: ---> Big Grin <---

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

The X6 is a very fine firearm

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice shooting Q... Too bad it's a little big for concealed carry Big Grin

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
WOW! Eek

Nice gun, nice shooting. I'm going to have to get some Speer TMJ so my bullets will go straight like that at 25 yds.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I'm so jealous!!!!

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Great Sig that you have

Posts: 4008 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: September 06, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Q,

Any particularly obvious difference vs your X5 L1?

I have a number of X5s but have never shot an X6, curious how the extra inch on the barrel translates to the real world.

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes, great gun, no doubt. Real fun for target shooting, but at 6 inches all stainless steel, with 20 rounds in there, it's a heavy gun. And for me, it is not as well balanced as the X5, due to obvious reason. I've never found any 6-inch gun more balanced than its 5-inch brother.

Concealed carry? I just need to find an IWB holster that reaches close to my knee cap and I'm set. Big Grin

Q

Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful gun!
I'd be all smiles too!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! Love the Super Match grip panels on it!

Cathy

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
That is one good looking handgun! Your groups look tighter than Boegel's, outstanding!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Report This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Great shooting and beauty X6!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
That is one good looking handgun! Your groups look tighter than Boegel's, outstanding!

His distance is longer, though. So, we're even. Razz

Q

posted Hide Post
A little more practice and maybe you can tighten those groups up a little bit! Eek

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol you've go there. My X5 Comp has a Robert Burke action job:

Little take-up.
2-1/4 lb. creepless break.
1/32" over travel.
Very short, and very crisp, reset.

Its trigger isn't adjustable, but it's very nicely adjusted. Robert told me that his own X5 Comp was set up the same way.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a nice one.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Report This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Concealed carry? I just need to find an IWB holster that reaches close to my knee cap and I'm set. Big Grin

You could always pocket carry! Big Grin

Sweet looking pistol, love the grips.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1929 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the same pistol. Where did you get the grips? I don't see it listed on Hogue's site.

The X6 shoots like a laser. Everyone tells me I'm cheating when shooting steel. It feels like shooting a .22, smooth and minimum recoil.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mas4363:
I have the same pistol. Where did you get the grips? I don't see it listed on Hogue's site..

These grips, yes made by Hogue, came as factory accessory from SIG Germany. Hogue does not sell them here, unfortunately. So, it costs you an arm and a leg. I bought them off another site's Classifieds.

Q

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Very weird ambience going on here. Nary a P228 pic anywhere in this thread. How can this be? Razz

Some nice shootin' you've got going there. So...when's the karma? Big Grin

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Report This Post