SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I fondled some Sigs today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I fondled some Sigs today Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Well, my short affair with the VP9 is over. I thought the best way to settle the matter, which was to decide if I really wanted to pull the trigger on a VP9, would be to bring a few of my own guns that I shoot well, and shoot them side by side with a VP9 rental. Well I did that. I thought that if the VP9 shot as well or better than my existing shooters, and if the golden unicorn showed up on the range, then I might go forward. Now as far as polymer guns go, it is so far my favorite piece of tupperware on the market. But, my groups were unacceptable at 7 yds, and I couldn't determine why, except that the VP9 just doesn't work for me, as interesting a piece of tupperware it is. The ergos are super for me, the wings on the back of the slide are perfect for me, and dimensions, fit and finish etc., are perfect. I liked the trigger quite a bit as well. But, I couldn't shoot it worth a damn. But my other guns, yea, they all shot much better than the vp. So, my temporary love affair with Ms. VP9 is over, as pretty as she is.

Funny thing though, I've never shot any of the new S&W polymers. Many years ago I shot S&W's first polymer gun, I don't recall the name, but it sucked really bad. And when I look at the new ones, they remind me of that pos with the crappiest trigger I've ever shot. Maybe it's time to rent a S&W polymer, to put that old thought away, since the gun gets such good reviews. As far as style and sex goes, I don't think it's a very good looking gun. Yes, I'm one of those guys.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post