SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P290 380
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P290 380 Login/Join 
posted
My wife has really gotten used to this pistol. She can rack the slide and has learned to pull the trigger all the way. That's a lot for a former ballerina with terrible arthritis.

Scouts Out

Posts: 1118 | Registered: May 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
My now ex wife thought for sure she wanted a Kahr pw 40. Till the first time she tried to rack the slide and got slide bit. Eventually we went back in to my local shop and an old bailiff she knew and trusted assisted her while the shopkeeper emptied out anything she thought she might like. She settled on a 290, and eventually I picked one up for her in pink. She still has it, as far as I know. I'd kinda like to try one in 9mm

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I have never shot a P290 in 380, but I am quite fond of my 9MM P290

I have never been fond of 380 micro guns. Due to the fact that they are blow back in design, I find their recoil pulse to be uncomfortable in an 11 ounce or so firearm.

I find the 9MM in a locked breech micro pistol is hardly any different to handle

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post