SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226ST Rail Mounted Light
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226ST Rail Mounted Light Login/Join 
posted
Hello,

New here to Sigform and just finding my way back to my passion of shooting.

I own a P226 Stainless with a rail and I’m interested to know if any of you would be kind enough to share your thoughts on a good weapon light to be added to this firearm

I did multiple searches, but came up empty. May well have been my wording.

In any event, any knowledge and experience you’re willing to share would be appreciated.

Posts: 6 | Registered: June 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have SureFire X-series lights on a couple of pistols including a P226ST.

The momentary push switches are easy enough to use with thumb or trigger finger, and so is rotating the constant-on switch with my support thumb. Turning the constant-on switch off, though, has always been a bit awkward for me during drills that require it off during reloads, etc. I sometimes wonder if there are lights that are better for switch manipulation, but I’ve never been motivated enough to try to determine that or to consider buying new lights.

For indoor use the old X200 I have on one pistol is plenty bright, and the X300 on another is even more so. The X300 served me well a couple of nights ago in a low light session to fully illuminate the target at 20 yards.

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

Probably the most common and currently available WML's will be the Streamlight TLR-1 HL, and the Surefire X300 Ultra. I have both, and am more than happy with them, for use on both pistols and rifles.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OLight

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
My P226R currently wears a Feyachi LF-38 Red Laser LED Flashlight combo that I purchased a while back from Amazon for less than $50.00 shipped. So far, it has been a very good purchase; time will tell if it holds up as well as much more expensive lights! YMMV

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post