SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    FN 509 Tactical, I'm liking it! Now with Vortex Venom!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN 509 Tactical, I'm liking it! Now with Vortex Venom! Login/Join 
Picture of Nframe
posted

It's a pretty cool gun! I think its a great step beyond the FNS that I have. The Glock 19X is very similar, I need a lot more rounds through the FN though to be able to give a good comparison review.

400 rounds the first range day. It's easy to do with the 24 round mags! I will be getting a Vortex Venom for it though. The front sight is pretty good but for me it gets a touch fuzzy..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nframe,

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the 509 T. I'm really happy with mine too. Although it's still too new for any long term statements, mine has been flawless for about 400 rounds also.

It's very comfortable to shoot, accurate, and really cool looking. I was looking for something a little different from all of the more commonly seen brands out there and this one really has been a great addition to my collection. I was so enthused about this FN that I have since added a FN FNX 45 Tactical to my collection, and it also has so far been flawless. Great guns.

Overall quality seems to be great and I'm even liking the two tone FDE, and that's out of character for me.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been waiting for this thread. I was able to buy 2 about 2 weeks apart. Here in CT i had to take them with non threaded barrels. With one dealer, he was good enough to swap the barrels for me with another regular 509 he had. The second one came in at the same time another 509 came in that had been ordered for a police officer. He gladly agreed to take the threaded barrel from the tactical and we dropped in the regular 509 barrel from the one he had ordered.
Silly, but necessary here in CT.
Anyway, between the 2 i have about 600 rounds thru them, 4 different types of ammo (124 +P HST's, Winchester and Am Eagle 115 FMJ's, Winchester 115 silvertips, and 124 FMJ Aguila) and they have performed flawlessy. Very accurate, and with straight back strap they fit my hand perfectly.
I really like the sight picture and the FDE shades they went with i probably like a little more than my G19x's which are a little more on the bronze side than the more tan 509's.
These 2 will get shot alot.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post

Shot lots of suppressed and non-suppressed through it today. I need to get my own suppressor!

Wow its so fun!

Probably up to 600 rounds now.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I've got the regular 509 and it's been absolutely flawless for well over 5000 rounds now. I used it for a 2 day 700+ round defensive pistol class and it was the only gun there that DIDN'T malfunction.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
A coworker bought one of the Tacticals that we've had and now won't shut up about it. And I thought Glock fanboys were awful; we are nothing compared to the likes of FNH fanboys...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
A coworker bought one of the Tacticals that we've had and now won't shut up about it. And I thought Glock fanboys were awful; we are nothing compared to the likes of FNH fanboys...

Count me in as a FN Fanboy ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I'm really becoming more of an FN fan. Being that I live 13 miles from the FN factory and Pro-shop isn't helping!

Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post

I put the Venom on it having the plates and all the adapter kits with instructions sure make it easy! It took 8 rounds at 12 yards to get it sighted in. Now ringing the gongs even out to 100 yards is very doable!

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
This is the gun I wish S&W would release.

Why they don’t have an M&P 2.0 that is optics ready (without losing the rear sight might I add) is beyond me.

The threaded barrel and suppressor sights are just icing on the cake.

I’ve been sooooo close to buying one of these. Even handled one in ADCO today as a matter of fact. It feels great in the hand. Trigger felt a little on the heavy side, but nothing awful.

The two shoe boxes full of M&P mags is the only thing holding me back. <stares at S&W>

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
The FN mags are spendy too... That to me is the worst.
I'm just fortunate that I'm 13 miles from the FN Pro shop and plenty of mags.

The trigger on mine has gotten better. It's pretty competitive with the M&P.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I picked one up today...I blame you N!

Slapped an RMR on it. I like the smaller blackstrap, but I like the small back straps on my M&P’s.

I won’t get it to the range until next week, but I’m pretty excited.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post