SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I want to try ankle carrying my Glock 42. Any holster recommendations?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want to try ankle carrying my Glock 42. Any holster recommendations? Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted
I rotate between Ariat ropers and various sneakers and would like to try to skip ahead to whatever the “this is the conclusion everyone else has arrive to” holster solution, if at all possible. What do you reccomend?

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I carry a G43 on my ankle nearly every day using a Desantis Die Hard ankle holster. It works well with hiking or athletic style shoes, but I can't speak to how well it would work with boots.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IANative
posted Hide Post
Galco Ankle Glove

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
USN Veteran
GOA Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 446 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IANative:
Galco Ankle Glove
This.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Galco Ankle Glove for my G26 and another for my LCP. They've both been fine, and the ankle strap makes the G26 more tolerable on the ankle. After reading one glowing report after another, I recently picked up an Alessi ankle holster for the G26. My initial impression is that it's the bee's knees; time will tell.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by IANative:
Galco Ankle Glove
This.

This and only this.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Galco ankle glove.

Posts: 248 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Don't have one for the 42, but do for the 232 and it's a Galco Ankle Glove.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Galco Ankle Glove Light for an LCP. It’s very good. But I just got a Bug Bite, and it is just about perfect.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The Bug Bite looks like a great concept, but I suspect it won't work for me. I have ridiculously large calves for my size when I'm in good shape, and bigger when I'm not and.... I'm not. Think "Highlander genetics meets Polish marching ankles" and you'll be in the realm.

I'll be ordering a Galco Ankle Glove to try out. Thanks, fellas!

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post