SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The dreaded "creeping pistol brace" AR15 Sig brace from recoil fixed (plus a sling point added in one fell swoop) :-)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The dreaded "creeping pistol brace" AR15 Sig brace from recoil fixed (plus a sling point added in one fell swoop) :-) Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
I've been looking for a remedy for the "creeping pistol brace" for awhile (I know there are newer pistol brace options that have "passed muster" by the ATF that look much better than the the original SIG brace)...but I just wanted to keep and use what I already had (I kinda like the ugly assed original Sig Brace...it "cheeks" well Smile)...

I looked at the Odenworks clamp on stop (almost ordered one at $29.99)...but searched for one that included some form of sling mount and ran across this one for $49.99 from Phase5 Tactical via Midwestgunworks.com that would let me use a Magpul fixed clip on adapter and the Magpul sling I already have...hey, $20 more and I can use what I have taking up space (plus the seeds for another AR pistol build from "unused parts" would save me money in the long run...we all know how that works out Big Grin)...not really cheap, but it's a very nice billet part that kills two birds with one stone...

https://www.midwestgunworks.co...tml?Product_Code=ABS

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can’t help you on fixing it. I ended up making 2 pistols with the SBA3 brace. Seriously just shift over to those, they are that good without being crazy expensive.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ended up getting the SBtactical PDW armbrace. No movement or wobble. Love it. Totally stout piece of hardware.

Posts: 267 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
I use the Phase 5 on my AR15 pistol & have had no issues. It put a stop to the Sig brace moving and works well with my 1 point sling.

Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
SBA3s are great.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this will work on your Sig brace but I have 2 SB braces that creep after a lot of shooting in hot weather.

Simple fix that I used to stop the creeping was to use a piece of PVC plastic pipe (I think it was a coupling) to make ring slightly larger than the buffer tube. I then forced that plastic ring into the rear of each SB brace.

The ring butts up against the rear of the buffer tube & is a very tight fit in the brace.

So far (thousands of rounds) neither brace has migrated forward.

They still twist in the rotational direction slightly but once they find a position that fits my face they quit rotating & just stay in that orientation.

Posts: 67 | Registered: August 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post