Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Hi Login/Join 
Picture of Bob220st
posted
bob220st here..sorry i have not been on the site,but i have been working at Amazon CVG-5 here in Hebron Ky.(part-time,still a job).The Modesto Police Found recieved in a gun buy-back My S&W Mod.15 w/2" bbl,ran the s/n,contacted me and sent it to my FFL.
It is still as pristine as when it was stolen 17 years ago,But i have it back(shoots great too!).
I have also aquired a SP2022(FDE/Sig Lite sites &blued controls),an SR-22 pistol,a 10/22 Int'l and a Savage 350 shotgun w/ Ghost Ring Sights.
I will post pictures.
Bob Big Grin

Posts: 1766 | Location: Independence,Ky. | Registered: September 16, 2008Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, and congrats!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You couldn't come up with a better subject line than that?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Prestoked
posted Hide Post
That is so nice for you! Very lucky indeed! I must say though that I am surprised, being California and all (assuming Modesto, CA).

A friend found a rusty, old Ruger Single Six (.22 cal.) that was missing the cylinder way out in the boonies when camping last year. He notified Citrus Heights police (where he lives) and asked them to run the serial number as didn't want to be in possession of a stolen gun. He figured he would keep it with other numerous things he had found and collected and has on display in his jewelry shop. They told him that the revolver had never been reported stolen and was last registered in 1966. They told him that they could not return it to him and it would be destroyed, even though it is doubtful it could ever be made to fire again due to the rusty condition of all of the parts and barrel, nevermind it didn't have a cylinder and nobody had ever reported it stolen or lost.

*Sigs, HKs, S&W PerfCntr, Caspian, Dan Wessons, Clark, Wilson Combat, Kahrs, CZ SP01 Shadow, Desert Eagle, Les Baers, Ed Brown, Pythons*

NRA Benefactor Member
U.S.M.C.

Posts: 224 | Location: Sacramento, California | Registered: October 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Bob220st
posted Hide Post
P.S How do I post pics ????

Posts: 1766 | Location: Independence,Ky. | Registered: September 16, 2008Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
Every time I hear a story like this I'm hopeful my old W.German P220 will be returned some day. As many years ago as that was its highly unlikely though. It's why I still don't keep a "truck gun"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I was also the recipient of the buy back program, but in a different way. They wound up with a Salient that was earmarked to be destroyed. I knew the guy who bought the upper. Then he said all the frame parts could be made available if I wanted them. Big Grin

It is great that you were able to have yours returned after so long and still in pristine condition too.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
How does that work with your insurance company?
I always wondered that. If you get something stolen, turn it in to insurance, they payoff and then you get it back?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
How does that work with your insurance company?
I always wondered that. If you get something stolen, turn it in to insurance, they payoff and then you get it back?

Technically it is the insurance company's now...
But who exactly at (insert ins company name here) is gonna take custody of it...

If it was reported stolen-it belongs to the person who reported it and the property officer will only release it to him/her.....

Contacting the ins. co. and discussing it with them is the right thing to do-likely they will say "keep it".....that has been my experience

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Once an insurance company pays off a claim they typically will send a form letter to the law enforcement agency that has the original report. That form will state that the company has paid off the claim by the original owner and should the item ever be recovered the agency should contact them for disposition of the item. That form notice of intent stays in the hard copy or digitized copy of the original report. At that point the company may contact their client and offer to sell it to the client.

I know that many insurance companies will offer the recovered item back to the original owner for a much reduced price below what they paid out in the claim. If the original owner doesn't want the item, other arrangements are made to dispose of the item. Insurance companies don't want to be stock piling recovered stolen property.

The item is legally the insurance companies and for an original owner to take custody of the item after having been paid by the insurance company, is technically insurance fraud. I worked burglary detail for a few years and worked with major insurance company fraud investigators. I know of companies which subsequently found out that their property had been released to someone else (when the form was in file). They wanted the property returned, or reimbursement or would prosecute. Trust me when I say that insurance company lawyers get paid big bucks to make certain the company isn't losing money.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Once an insurance company pays off a claim they typically will send a form letter to the law enforcement agency that has the original report. That form will state that the company has paid off the claim by the original owner and should the item ever be recovered the agency should contact them for disposition of the item. That form notice of intent stays in the hard copy or digitized copy of the original report. At that point the company may contact their client and offer to sell it to the client.

I know that many insurance companies will offer the recovered item back to the original owner for a much reduced price below what they paid out in the claim. If the original owner doesn't want the item, other arrangements are made to dispose of the item. Insurance companies don't want to be stock piling recovered stolen property.

The item is legally the insurance companies and for an original owner to take custody of the item after having been paid by the insurance company, is technically insurance fraud. I worked burglary detail for a few years and worked with major insurance company fraud investigators. I know of companies which subsequently found out that their property had been released to someone else (when the form was in file). They wanted the property returned, or reimbursement or would prosecute. Trust me when I say that insurance company lawyers get paid big bucks to make certain the company isn't losing money.

this,

tho some insurance companies do hold on to them and will 'auction ' them off to dealers

bought about 30 guns from one here in town (headquarters for the operations in VA)
had to bid by each, and had to buy them all or nothing ,

got everything from stolen recoveries to fire damaged, (as in burnt to a crisp)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Bob220st
posted Hide Post
Update: Photos have been up loaded under this thread...I also posted that photos were up loaded under the thread Photos..sorry about the multple threads.
Bob Big Grin

Picture of Bob220st
posted Hide Post
Keep an eye out.Thnx.Bob Cool

Picture of Bob220st
posted Hide Post

:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Sup?

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobrajet:
Every time I hear a story like this I'm hopeful my old W.German P220 will be returned some day. As many years ago as that was its highly unlikely though. It's why I still don't keep a "truck gun"

I don't keep a gun in the car, either. I lost a first Gen G17 (CX590) in '94 during a car break in one night. Some Bastard broke into the car and broke open the locked glove box.

I'll probably never see that gun again.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post