SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    anyone intimately familiar with CZ tactical sport orange?NEED HELP resizing please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone intimately familiar with CZ tactical sport orange?NEED HELP resizing please Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted

Anybody here shoot/own/able to describe the advantages of this 'tactical target' 9mm?

What makes it retail for $1800 compared to their other models?

I am not familiar with any of the CZs other than many praise them highly.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Don't know about the gun, but I like the look. I like it better than the Original Tactical Sport 75.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Other than wanting one since they came out, no.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
advantages compared to what?

I owned a plain tactical sport. The differences between this and that are the finish, the FO front, HAJO?? rear, thumb rest, better checkering, Czechmate magwell, competition hammer, and fancy orange grips. It is a very heavy pistol, almost overkill for 9mm.

I like the fixed sights on the TS a lot, they are tall and served as a slide racker.. there is not a whole lot of meat on that slide to grab a hold of on unloaded starts, etc.. I do not know if I would like the adjustable rear because the fixed sights are so good. The race hammer is unnecessary as it is going to have a sub 2# trigger on it... it's super light if you aren't used to a light trigger. The thumb rest might be something you like or not. The TS has enough problems with holster availability without adding the additional burden of finding one to accommodate the thumb rest. I like the magwell a lot as it works with the stock basepads.. the CZ Custom magwell requires the baseplates to be modified or replaced.

It's a sexy gun with an amazing out of the box trigger. I had issues (a lot of issues) activating the safety with my support hand, i have not had these issues since switching to a 2011 pattern gun. I think the safety is too low on the TS, but that might be a personal problem and ymmv.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Advantages? That I don't know. Disadvantage for us as a LGS...extremely long lead times to get them. Frown

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
I am not familiar with any of the CZs other than many praise them highly.

I have the traditional CZ Tactical Sport that was tuned by Angus Hobdell in 9mm and for less money it outshoots my Sig X5 Tactical. Don't know a thing about the Orange, just pitching that out for you.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post