SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Feeling guilty about New HK Love
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feeling guilty about New HK Love Login/Join 
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted
I have been exclusive to my relationship with Sig Sauger for many years. Recently, I strayed and purchased a HK VP9SK. I took it to the range last Friday and was beyond impressed. It is extremely accurate for a subcompact pistol (even though I consider it more of a mid-size) and it is very smooth. It has one of the best triggers I have ever felt in a striker. Hopefully, my Sigs will forgive me for my new found love.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I love my VP9SK and at least you have Sigs, I’m currently sigless having on Glocks Andy this HK. I recently got a TT Gunleather IWB holster for it and it’s a dream to carry.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Promiscuity is good, when it comes to guns. In fact, it is encouraged.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heh, i know that feeling. The vp9sk and p30sk are the first sub compacts i have really considered.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Don’t feel too bad as I recently decided to switch from a G19/G43 combo to a VP9/VP9sk duo. I’m still fighting the urge to pick up a P30 as well since I miss having a hammer fired pistol.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still with the hammer fired, but have two USP compacts in 9 and an HK45c as well (that gun fits my hand like a glove).

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a SIG fan but became a huge Hk fanboy. Great pistolsSmile Congrats!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That one is on my radar as I have both the VP9 and P30 (d/a and lem). Hard choice.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Promiscuity is good, when it comes to guns. In fact, it is encouraged.

Big Grin

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
On a business trip in St. Louis for last two weeks and I brought my USP Compact .40 with me. I love it. Will probably go back to P220 Carry when back home tomorrow.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Christ if you feel bad about a little “indiscretion” with an HK......... I must be a God damn Mormon. Hell I might as well be the Brigham Young of Gun nuts.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
The only thing you should feel guilty about is posting such a huge pic! Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK hit it out of the park with the sk models!

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
HK hit it out of the park with the sk models!

I must be the only one that doesn't like my SK. I have a VP9 that I like a lot, but just can't warm up to the SK. It's a big chunk of hardware for 10 rounds and the grip is short, even for my small hands.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Nothing to feel guilty about, my VP9 made me get rid of my P320.

HK is a fine pistol

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Nothing to feel guilty about, my VP9 made me get rid of my P320.

HK is a fine pistol

I'd really like to see a side by side comparison between the VP9SK and the Walther PPQ Subcompact. I own a PPS M2, a PPQ .45 ACP, and a PPQ M2 (9mm) Q5 right now and am debating between getting the Subcompact or just going with a regular sized PPQ M2 (9mm) for those times when the PPS M2 is too small and the other Walthers I own are too big. Great triggers on all and they shoot great, but the H&K do have a loyal following and I figure there must be a good reason for it.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we just committed the same act, adding a P30sk LEM to our stable of (2) 226's and M11's...They are sweet!

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deen
posted Hide Post
I'm seriously looking at one of these. To do it, I'd have to let me P229R .40 go, which would probably be fine. I'll have to see what trade value it might hold.

And with surety I shall attain victory
- Guru Gobind Singh.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You shouldn't feel guilty in the least. The VP9 & VP9SK are excellent guns. When I bought my VP9, the decision was down to the VP9, P320 and FNS9. I bought the VP9 and have been so happy with it that I bought the VP9SK as soon as it hit the market.

That being said, I know there is a P320 X-Carry or P320 RX Compact in my near future. I guess I don't really have a need for either, but I guess it's not all about need now, is it?

Posts: 31 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
HK loves you... Razz

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post