SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    LaserLyte Trainer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LaserLyte Trainer Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
Have any of you gentlemen (or ladies) used this setup?

https://www.laserlyte.com/products/trainer-pistol-pre

<and>

https://www.laserlyte.com/prod...laser-trainer-target

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
If you do buy the barrel insert type please let us know how it works. I have considered it for use with revolvers.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
It's awful tempting, I can get the setup at wholesale being an FFL and y'all can use me as a test subject. Big Grin

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I was at the Sig Pro Shop a few years ago and they had piles of these in the Bargain Bins by the door. I was tempted to try one.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the lite, not the target.
I sent the light back once for service because it was way off center, rotating it moved the POI about 3" in a circle at 15 feet.

Eventually I gave up on the replacement also. My plan was to use it at a 10-15' feet for enhanced dry fire. At that distance from a revolver, I could not see the flash, it was covered by the muzzle and sight.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^bummer, sorry to hear that. Mine should be hear tomorrow and I'll post back with a report shortly.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have one, but I have the rumble can target. The laser does have some adjustments for POI and comes with a small allen wrench to adjust it with. The rumble can is okay, it works but sometimes when it shakes itself so that the target zones are to the side it can take a few tries to activate the can and move it around.

I would not get the can again personally. The zones are too big and so you don't know exactly where you hit. I only bought it because they were selling it at the NRA show for cheap but I wish I had bought a target.

I have not used it much but it is a neat little toy. The target is probably a better trainer but the can is pretty much just a toy.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out csliger's thread on home laser range target apps if you haven't already. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4260059724

Let us know how the unit works, my wife has a revolver. Otherwise, I'd probably buy 1 or 2 cartridge style ones and she'd only get laser feedback every few shots (which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing).

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I have the 9mm and targets. Used it quite a bit when I was rehabbing a knee replacement and shooting Sigs. Lots of DA practice. Haven't used it much since going striker. Good for practicing draw and fire. I had no POI issues.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
I have the 9mm and targets. Used it quite a bit when I was rehabbing a knee replacement and shooting Sigs. Lots of DA practice. Haven't used it much since going striker. Good for practicing draw and fire. I had no POI issues.

DC54, this is the main reason I bought the setup. I just had back surgery and am going to be rehabbing for quite awhile. Hopefully it will work.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Just got the unit and set it up. Instructions are fairly straightforward and it works as advertised. I've only played with it for about an hour tonight and used the "target" not "timed" mode. Im pretty happy with it. The laser that goes in the bore of whatever firearm your using has windage and elevation adjustments. So far I'm giving it a thumbs up. It is a pretty spendy unit when you get the setup I linked to in the original OP, but hey....it's training! Big Grin

Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Glad it worked out.

Wish you a full and quick recovery from the back surgery.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thank you RedHook!!

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I found it was great for practicing first DA shots out of the holster. Also fun to see what distances you could hit at speed. Hard part was clearing a path in the house to do that. One of the targets I got you had to shoot a small dot to reset. Sometimes that was the most challenging shot!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So a little PSA. Much like WII Sports Baseball there is the possibility of "over extending". I think I may have yanked something sort of important in and around the elbow of my strong arm doing presentations and first shots. I may have been a little too enthusiastic moving of the X and going for that first round on target.

Guns with lasers are dangerous. Frown

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I know the thread's a bit old, but...

quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Just got the unit and set it up. Instructions are fairly straightforward and it works as advertised.

Is the dot brightness and duration enough that you can clearly see the dot from ±25 ft. in a dimly-to-moderately lit scenario?

I need to get more dry-firing in. It sure would be nice to know where I'm really hitting when I do.

Don't care to spend the additional $200 for the e-target.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I can't speek specifically to the laserlyte but my surestrike cartridge is plenty bright to see in a daylit home at 50 feet.

Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I have a Glock 17 laser pistol with the drop magazines (2) and the laser target without timer.
I use it in class so I can confirm students understand how the site picture should look.
It seems to build confidence and relieve boredom in the classroom.
They all love it!

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Ensigmatic, the LED's that show your hits are pretty bright imo. I don't have mine set up at 25', but I'd bet you could see hits. The target area would be pretty small at 25'... what are you going to "shoot" at if you don't purchase the e-target?

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ensigmatic, the LED's that show your hits are pretty bright imo. I don't have mine set up at 25', but I'd bet you could see hits.

An Amazon customer said the same. In fact she felt you could probably see them two-to-three times that far away. (That seems something of a stretch.)

quote:
The target area would be pretty small at 25'... what are you going to "shoot" at if you don't purchase the e-target?

I've these "combat practice" targets printed on 8½x11 paper, two per. 4" round circles of medium gray. Black border, tiny black "x" in the middle. I have one of those taped to a bookshelf.

Normal dry-fire practice is to aim at those and watch for sight movement when pulling the trigger. The laser would be added feedback. If I could see the dot light on the targets.

My best friend, best shot I ever knew, trained this way. I figure if it worked for him...

Thanks for the feedback, dry-fly.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post