SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If Ruger Only Hired Kel Tech's Engineers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If Ruger Only Hired Kel Tech's Engineers Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
the LCP (a keltec licensed knockoff)

Actually, from what I'm able to see, KT never licensed the P3AT design which is why the LCP is a virtual part-by part copy.

As far as the comments about the P3AT being not great, I would have to say the main reason is that the .380 round is *TOO MUCH* for this tiny, light gun. This pistol was based off the P-32 which IMO the .32 round shines in. It's the perfect round for the size and weight of the pistol. I have the P-32 and it's actually enjoyable to shoot while my Dad has a P3AT and it's brutal in comparison.

As far as the OP, I think the two companies are doing just fine on their own; they are not the same companies and don't want to be, one is much larger and older and the other is much smaller and younger and more cutting edge with their designs.

Posts: 33791 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
From my experience, maybe they should hire the Keltic designers and idea people... but I would suggest they stay way clear of the actual engineers....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Does Ruger have engineers? Big Grin

They seem to only make things other people already do. I guess they're letting others do the R&D.

The LCP was pretty much a Kel-Tec.
LCP with sights, other people were making.
Take down 10/22, other people were making.
Alloy upper 22/45, other people were making.
480 Bisley, other people were making.
454 Bisley, other people were making.
44spl GP100, other people were making.
10mm GP100, other people were making.

Smile

Kinda like all those boutique 1911 makers out there today, huh? Razz

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Ruger must have some good patent lawyers on retainer, so why bother headhunting Kel-Tec's designers/ engineers?

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post