SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question on W. German P220 with fixed front sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on W. German P220 with fixed front sight Login/Join 
Picture of Amurr
posted
Hello Sig brain trust,

Quick question, I bought my dad a nice W. German P220 for Christmas. It has a fixed (none dovetail) front sight but we were thinking about wanting to put some newer night sights on it.

What course of action would you take if you were considering upgrading to night sights?
1) it’s not worth messing with maybe get some glow paint
2) XYZ gunsmith will put a dovetail on that puppy no problem (suggested gun smith?)
3) other idea???

Thanks
Amurr

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Ein (1)

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Option 4 - Pick up a cheap cop turn in 220 with dovetailed sights and tinker with them to your hearts content.
Keep the German pristine.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
I agree. That's what you bought. Paint, sell, or buy another one.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Leave it alone.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
+1. Don't monkey with it. The money you pay the smitty to cut a dovetail, combined with the loss of value from modifying an older W. German P220, will put you behind the resale eight-ball.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Option #1, leave it alone. I had a late 80's 220 & put some glow paint on the front site & hated it. I removed the paint but eventually sold the pistol. If I were you I would just it as is.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
You could always shop for another slide and swap them out when the need arises.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I have one....I left it alone. Its old-school cool.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post