SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How important are BUIS on an RMR pistol?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How important are BUIS on an RMR pistol? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Nice try. carry optics is not open. BUT what exactly is your point? That having BUIS is bad? that you don't need them in any case? or that some people compete without them in some specific classes? Or that some guns make them difficult to have (NOT true MOS glock) I'm a bit lost on the contribution to this thread question. So I'll restate what I've learned in a pretty long run of testing. I'd never carry a serious defensive gun with an RMR slide mounted optic without BUIS. I consider it an advantage when using a slide mounted RMR to have BUIS when competing in a variety of disciplines without any meaningful downside. Now of course my real open gun does not have a slide mounted optic, it does not have iron sights, it does not have a trigger I would ever carry, it needs non factory ammo to run and I can't imagine concealing it. and you?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
There are zero iron sights on the gun, which is what the discussion was. You mentioned Glock, but I’d be shocked if coley was running irons on his either.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never seen a coley gun with an RMR so if you have a picture of one post it. He is normally not an optic guy.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I've never seen a coley gun with an RMR so if you have a picture of one post it. He is normally not an optic guy.

He was a top open shooter before going to Glock. He won uspsa open nationals in 2012, was second in the world to Grauffel in open division at the 2014 ipsc world shoot. He finished in the top 5 in carry optics at nationals this year. There's video of the match, but not at a high enough resolution for me to tell what dot he is running or if he left iron sights on the gun.

I think this is an older pic, but at the time he was running the stock dove tail protectors with a dpp. So he had sights... not functional, but he did have them installed on the gun it appears.

Point being, that if you look at serious competitors with competition only guns, you are not going to find an abundance of cowitnessed iron sights. You will find a lot of dudes with an identical gun in their bag in case the dot craps out on them...

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post