SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone had Wilson Combat Statburst Stippling done??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone had Wilson Combat Statburst Stippling done?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Wanting my Glock 20SF (if it ever gets here) to be easily distinguishable by looks alone from my 17.
Don’t want a different color.
Wilson Combat is the cleanest looking stippling I have found.
How aggressive is it in the hand??
https://goo.gl/images/QkHvHw

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks super cool but being Wilson it would probably cost more than the original Glock.

Posts: 3909 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Looks super cool but being Wilson it would probably cost more than the original Glock.

Nope. $140 right in line with or cheaper than all the other top notch folks I have found and their stuff just looks like a bunch of random dots.
Not aesthetically pleasing at all.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

Nope. $140 right in line with or cheaper than all the other top notch folks I have found and their stuff just looks like a bunch of random dots.
Not aesthetically pleasing at all.
That's reasonable and I agree with you on most stifling being hideous. Theirs looks fantastic.

Posts: 3909 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks fantastic on that plastic!! Seriously!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's inexpensive because it's done with a laser rather than by hand with a soldering iron.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Another option:

http://www.molonlabe.com/engraving/stippling.html

Man, some of the patterns look just hideous.

Q

Posts: 26343 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The 21st century equivalent to engraving. Roll Eyes

I'm still considering sending one of my G19s in for the Wilson starburst. $179 including the thumb rests isn't outlandish, but it does feel a bit disingenuous to be adorning what's become a trademark pattern of high end 1911s on a Glock.

The closest we're gonna get to that mystical Glock 1911? :P

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
The 21st century equivalent to engraving. Roll Eyes

I'm still considering sending one of my G19s in for the Wilson starburst. $179 including the thumb rests isn't outlandish, but it does feel a bit disingenuous to be adorning what's become a trademark pattern of high end 1911s on a Glock.

The closest we're gonna get to that mystical Glock 1911? :P

I won’t be getting the logos on the thumb rests.
Not doing it because I am a WC fanboy. Just want it visually distinguishable from my G17.
The Wilson is the cleanest pattern I have seen.
Even the big names look like they handed a soldering iron to a 5 year old.

————————————————

The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at Polymer Refined? If I get one of my guns stippled, I think I would have to send it to him. The WC looks clean, though.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The WILSON offering looks very attractive. It's something that I could be proud of a long time. Some of the other offerings don't look bad (initially) but I'd question whether I'd feel the same way in a few years. Then finding someone else who likes the soldering iron method may be difficult.

The price is certainly fair.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Another option:

http://www.molonlabe.com/engraving/stippling.html

Man, some of the patterns look just hideous.

I thought the flag pattern looks kind of neat, actually. Not really something I'd carry, but it looked tidy. They do their work with a laser, as well, and I'm sure would do whatever pattern is desired.

I'm not a big fan of (re)texturing grips, especially if one is going to do a lot of shooting. Looks like a lot of blisters waiting to happen.

The Wilson pattern looks attractive and functional, though I'd have the same concern if it were fired a lot in one session, to say nothing of the way it might feel tucked against the body under a tee shirt.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Wish I had something to contribute, but I’ve looked at this also and been tempted, too. Tagged to follow along.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The Wilson pattern looks very nice. Show us when you get it back. I bet that makes for extra grip traction too.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
What about grip tape? Or just coloring in the lettering? Visually unique but cheap and easy.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
That looks like its done by machine. Way too neat for a hand job.... Ummm.... Done by hand lol.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
...look like they handed a soldering iron to a 5 year old.

You just described the Gen2 that I traded into. Sanded most of it off and tried to fill in the rest. Sanded it down again to get it somewhat smooth.
I call it Cheap-mascus. Then I had a prime candidate for most anything I could imagine as far as modifications.
Among other things I put a Salient trigger in it, so yeah, the trigger is worth more than the gun is. Looks bad, but at least it is the smoothest shooting Glock I've ever shot. Begs to have the mag emptied all day long.

Don't let this happen to yours. The Wilson Starburst is definitely the way to go. Having the starburst without the advertisement is a plus in my book.

Have they said when your 10mm should be delivered?

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Spoke with the rep today and he had 2. So hopefully by the end of the week or early next.

————————————————

Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I have a Wilson EDC X9 and that stippling on the Glock looks very much like what is on my EDC grips. It’s grippy but comfortable. Meaining that it doesn’t tear your hand up, but stays put in your hands.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post