SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Langdon Tactical - Now you can mount a RMR on a Beretta 92...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Langdon Tactical - Now you can mount a RMR on a Beretta 92... Login/Join 
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Yep. Heard about this. Interesting...

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Verrrrrry interesting

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw this on FB the other day.

Starts at $352.

https://www.langdontactical.co...t-for-your-92-slide/

close up pics at link

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
$352 to have it done to your gun is very reasonable. The cost of buying his gun starting at $1500 seems a lot to me

I know Ernie. I’ve sold him guns. I had a beretta he modified for me (we’re talking almost 13 years ago now)...and I’ve taken classes with him. I was sorry when he left Virginia, but he is killing it now with LTT.

I hope he sells thousands of them

quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
Saw this on FB the other day.

Starts at $352.

https://www.langdontactical.co...t-for-your-92-slide/

close up pics at link

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
$352 to have it done to your gun is very reasonable.

I agree!

He did mention on the forum he frequents that he's in the process of getting slides so that one can purchase pre-cut slides vs. sending a slide in.
I think that's the route I'll go - and maybe wait just a little while to make sure the kinks are worked out. Wink Big Grin
(Hopefully the higher front sight won't be an issue with existing holsters.)

quote:
The cost of buying his gun starting at $1500 seems a lot to me

When you consider his pistols start at $1000 on his website, and that price also includes the RDO cut and a trigger job - the math comes out almost the same.
He's counting on the "one-stop shopping crowd". Wink

You can easily find NIB Elite LTTs for sub $900, and have even seen one or two go for $799.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like there is much more to doing the job than just doing the machine work. A new firing pin, firing pin block and a few other components have to be changed out. Sounds like a pretty good price to me.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is great! When I add a bruntion M9A3 to my collection next year I will send it in for both the trigger job and RMR cut.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Don’t think he mentioned milling in the video. That is less desirable for me. I have a “ghost” INOX 92FS Brig and don’t want to permanently modify it. I guess I’ll keep looking for a good deal on something else Beretta

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Detailed pics...
https://www.recoilweb.com/lang...t-slides-161855.html

posted Hide Post
Well he mentions how the lower plate is dovetailed into the front of slide milling in addition to 3 screws vice the normal 2 mounting to slide.

I bought the TJIAB, trigger job in a bag for all my 92’s other than my G-SD and Elite II. It was so good I went full out and got a consecutive set of the LTT when it first came out. Low to mid double digit serial number. Totally worth it. It just flat out shoots.

Only confusion for me was what slides can be sent in. 92X, M9A3, 92A1, etc. I have a couple plain Jane Vertec slides I bought when Beretta had them in stock. I need to call and find out if they are doable.

If this is your thing, LTT is the place to go. Period. WC might have nicer finishes but Ernest is the best gun to shoot.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
quote:
$352 to have it done to your gun is very reasonable.

I agree!

He did mention on the forum he frequents that he's in the process of getting slides so that one can purchase pre-cut slides vs. sending a slide in.
I think that's the route I'll go - and maybe wait just a little while to make sure the kinks are worked out. Wink Big Grin
(Hopefully the higher front sight won't be an issue with existing holsters.)

quote:
The cost of buying his gun starting at $1500 seems a lot to me

When you consider his pistols start at $1000 on his website, and that price also includes the RDO cut and a trigger job - the math comes out almost the same.
He's counting on the "one-stop shopping crowd". Wink

You can easily find NIB Elite LTTs for sub $900, and have even seen one or two go for $799.

I got mine for $750. Couldn't pull the wallet out fast enough.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Well he mentions how the lower plate is dovetailed into the front of slide milling in addition to 3 screws vice the normal 2 mounting to slide.

I bought the TJIAB, trigger job in a bag for all my 92’s other than my G-SD and Elite II. It was so good I went full out and got a consecutive set of the LTT when it first came out. Low to mid double digit serial number. Totally worth it. It just flat out shoots.

Only confusion for me was what slides can be sent in. 92X, M9A3, 92A1, etc. I have a couple plain Jane Vertec slides I bought when Beretta had them in stock. I need to call and find out if they are doable.

If this is your thing, LTT is the place to go. Period. WC might have nicer finishes but Ernest is the best gun to shoot.

I suspect that they're limiting it to slides that have dovetailed front sights.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Does that mean my old 92FS Brigadier might be compatible?

Website lists:
LTT Elite Optic Cut for 92 Elite LTT, M9A3, 92A1, & 92X

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Right now, only Vertec slides (Regular thickness/Dovetail front sight) can be milled. Brig slides might come later, but this is where they're starting for now.

And considering CZ Custom wanted to charge me the same amount to run the Trijicon 1911 adapter plate on a CZ-75 + the cost of the adapter and front sight, that's a really good deal for everything they had to do to get that to work.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A customer recently transferred in a LTT bought direct from Langdon's website. My, was that trigger awfully nice. So much better than the ones that Beretta has been shipping with. Adding on the RDO option would be the veritable cherry on top.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
A customer recently transferred in a LTT bought direct from Langdon's website. My, was that trigger awfully nice. So much better than the ones that Beretta has been shipping with. Adding on the RDO option would be the veritable cherry on top.

I traded into an LTT Elite that originally came from Beretta, and installed the LTT Trigger Job in a Bag with the LTT optimized trigger bar and 12 lb mainspring. Smooth 7 lb DA and 3.5 lb SA.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His TJIAB is a good deal. He says it’s 90% of his custom job. Maybe, it’s pretty darn good is all I know.

The standard width, dovetailed front sight thing makes sense. I might have to send in in. I have an RMR without a home so it’s almost like I have no choice. Lol

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
man, i knew clicking on this thread would cost me money. i have a feeling this one will have optics in the very near future. i was just saying that this would be my favorite platform if it took optics.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does that mean my old 92FS Brigadier might be compatible?

If one didn't care about having BUIS, it seems any Beretta slide could be done.
Looks like he's limiting it to those slides so a taller front sight can be installed.