SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P239 Owners, step in and let's talk
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 Owners, step in and let's talk Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Landed over in a pile of mess in my work shop and there is a good chance it would take a half a day or more to sift through all the crap to look for it....$6 spring.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I carried a P239 for a while because I have small hands and it was the only Sig that I could manage the DA/SA transition with. I ended up selling it along with my 3 other Sig pistols (220, 245, 228) as part of a general move away from DA/SA, but it was good gun. I still have one DA/SA, a Beretta M9A1, that I just can't seem to master in spite of ultra-slim grips and a TJIB update. It'll be going up for sale shortly too.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe my corneas are starting to go, but this looks like an awful lot of wear for a purported NIB condition P239 lol

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/860340679

"Once a Marine, always a Marine"

Posts: 19 | Registered: January 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your vision is just fine. No way that is a new gun. Not saying it is in horrible condition, but that pistol has been fired many times...

Posts: 53 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Flying Spring update:

Well the springs from Brownells are delayed... won't come in until tomorrow and I decided to take the plunge today and look for the missing one... took me about 10 minutes but I did find it.... now the interesting part....

I had taken a spring off of my MK25 and put it on the P239 with the DAK trigger and it worked fine... so I just put the found one (originally on the P239) on the MK25.. when I put the grip panel back on the trigger would not reset... I took the grip off the P239 and the springs are not the same... close but the one on the MK 25 is slightly smaller and has a slight bend in one of the legs....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
YOU FOUND A SPRING!!!! So it’s true they can come back from Narnia. I mean mine never had but I always had hope. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had faith in him!!

Posts: 82 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JLJONES;
My 9mm P239 was my first DA/SA Sig and my EDC until my girlfriend shot it one day at the range . . . now its her EDC.
I liked it because it concealed & carried easily and it fit my my hand well with the factory grips.
She likes it for the same reasons -PLUS- she feels that she shoots better with a slightly heavier gun.
(Seems to absorb recoil better than the S&W Shield 9mm I originally bought for her.
Also, the Shield was very difficult for her to rack, compared to the P239.)
Anyway, she took my P239 and I bought another 9mm P239 for myself.

Since then I've switched my EDC to an M11A1 and sold the 2nd P239 to my son and his wife.
It is now his wife's gun and she likes it for the same reasons my girlfriend does.

Anyway, the P239 is a great gun. May be obsolete in a world of P365's, G43's, and Hellcat's . . . but a great gun that shoots well and I will always think of it favorably.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a 239 in .40 last week at Bud's in Greenville, KY for $309. Night sights are a little dim, but overall the gun is in great shape. I was able to shoot it last Sat and it is very accurate. Looking at picking up a nice holster for it to carry.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
My 239T 9mm with the 10 round mag fits my hand better than any other Sig. (The only better fit grip for me is the PPQ but originally the PPQ is too slick. I had a Marine woodburn the PPQ grip.)
The 239 have the G2 grip. They are not as accurate as my mid 90s 228 or 220. My standard for Sigs is 25 yard slow fire accuracy. And how well the sights come up on target automatically.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I regret selling my 239 and magazines and holsters. The 229 is nice but for edc the 239 is incredible.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
The interesting thing about the P239 is it is in my opinion possibly the last example of 'old school' pistol design for concealed carry. All metal and either SA/DA or DAO (DAK)

seems a good number of us like carrying them but they sure are 'big & heavy' compared to all the little plastic guns manufactures are putting out these days... mostly in 9mm.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"