SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X5 Legion mini range report with comparison pictures
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X5 Legion mini range report with comparison pictures Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heisrizn:
Who has one in stock?

That is a good question. I saw them in stock everywhere initially but they have seem to be all sold. With the $200 rebate ending on 31 July, I would guess they will be hard to find for a bit.

The word is slowly getting out about them. The 10 or so people that I have let shoot mine at the range are all wanting one. I have shot all of the legions but the P229 SAO and I can tell you this is my favorite one of the bunch.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
The legion looks a lot bigger than the standard X5. That’s just the picture correct?

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whats the difference in the Legion trigger that makes it that much better than the X5 trigger??

Posts: 493 | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
They have one at my LGS, it looks great and it does have some heft, it's got more weight than the X5 or RS for sure.

That $200 rebate makes it an attractive purchase considering the RX is within $200 and the X5 is $100 more MSRP.

I need to stay away from the LGS until the rebates gone or the Legion is gone... LOL

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Factor8 (OP)

I've noticed from the photos that there are significant differences with the FCU. I'm curious to see how far those differences go, given that the trigger pull has been reported as being different.

One thing I noticed right off the bat is that Trigger Bar. That could easily change the geometry of the pull and reset, so I attribute some of the reports to that. Also the trigger itself (the skeletonized) with a lighter weight, and again with changes to the shape (e.g. where the trigger contacts the FCU. They already made adjustments with the X Compact FCU that improved the pull.

If you could photograph:
A) Trigger (removed) and the FCU underside
B) The Trigger Bar from different angles

Thank you! I already spoke with SIG CS and they explained the parts would eventually become available to public but for now it would be reserved for LEGION owners (makes sense). I'm hoping to pick the trigger and trigger bar in the aftermarket, if SIG store doesn't provide in the immediate future (Which I doubt it will any time soon).

Posts: 3 | Registered: July 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paperchasin:
Whats the difference in the Legion trigger that makes it that much better than the X5 trigger??

I posted some pictures in the original post. Short answer the Legion cuts about .75-1lbs off of the trigger weight.

quote:
Originally posted by BoredTigerPew:
Can you post a photo of the trigger alone? removed from the FCU?

And any other angles of the FCU (preferably from below).

Thank you.

Sorry for the delay but I posted some pictures and answered your questions in the original post.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:
quote:

I posted some pictures in the original post. Short answer the Legion cuts about .75-1lbs off of the trigger weight.

I understand that the Legion trigger is better than the standard X5 trigger. My question is what are the differences between them that makes the Legion trigger pull lighter than the X5.

Posts: 493 | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:
quote:

I understand that the Legion trigger is better than the standard X5 trigger. My question is what are the differences between them that makes the Legion trigger pull lighter than the X5.

If you take a look in the original post I added a picture to compare the differences. My guess is the location of where the trigger connects to the trigger bar was changed causing the trigger weight to drop. That is just my humble guess.

Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
How about a Legion Carry model?

Friend of mine decided he wanted one to go with his full sized legion, so I made him one.

Always fun cutting up a $300 frame.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Factor8!

Thank you for the photos!!! Big Grin

Thank you for the recommendation on the trigger bar and pointing out that it's identical to the M17. I believe the geometry has been revised to ensure a better trigger pull (like you noted, no play).

Really appreciate the additional photos and notes! Smile

Posts: 3 | Registered: July 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I looked at an P320 X5 Legion and a P320 X5 standard side by side. The triggers where very similar with the Legion being slightly lighter.

My wife decided she likes the Legion with the heavier grip, so after we shoot one, we’ll probably end up with one.

I do really like the X grip and straight trigger.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post