SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I cannot figure out what model it is, or what year it was made
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I cannot figure out what model it is, or what year it was made Login/Join 
posted
I have an opportunity to buy an old sig, from a 93 year old neighbor who was issued it when he was in the swiss army. All I see are the following:
serial number A103514 and what appears to be a mark on the slide that looks like an backward B and P combined
Can anyone be of assistance. I can try to send a picture if that would be helpful. He can no longer tell me when he got it, he has dementia, and actually shot a hole in the floor of his house last week, showing it to his wife

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 17, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that while a picture would be helpful, and preferred, there's someone knowledgeable enough to know what you have.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's a P75, the Swiss military-issued version of the SIG-Sauer P220 or it's a P-49 (P210).

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Wow, Para woke up and answered! And I agree with his answer, mostly. With that serial, it could easily be an M49/P210. Regardless, just buy the damn gun! Can't go too wrong. Wait, how much does he want for it? What caliber is it? But that has nothing to do with my advice of "just buy it".

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree. Jump if you can and get all his mags, too. And welcome aboard!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
he has dementia, and actually shot a hole in the floor of his house last week, showing it to his wife

If for nothing else, buy it to get it out of his house, sounds like an interesting find....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SIGforum.

What a great first post.

Please let us know if you buy it.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Wow. F-ing terrible disease. It would be just as good to get the stories along with the gun. I hope you can give it a new home. Welcome to the SIGness.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As the neighbour is 93 year old, he received its pistol about 70 years ago and thus it is probably a P49 1st series with wood stocks produced in the late 1950's.

Posts: 48 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoC:
As the neighbour is 93 year old, he received its pistol about 70 years ago and thus it is probably a P49 1st series with wood stocks produced in the late 1950's.

Agree. P75s start at serial A 1000001.
Seven digit serials

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
I love this place

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the direction I was leaning due to the age of the owner. Good chance he has spare mags and the original issued holster maybe belt and ammo, all adds to the total significance of a historic pistol the P-49.

Posts: 185 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Did anyone recieve a photo of the pistol yet? Would really enjoy seeing it.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
and get all his mags, too.

Repeated for emphasis - and it cannot possibly be overemphasized. Really.

Welcome to the forum!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
OP, did you determine what model ?

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Always amazes me when someone signs on, asks a question, or just needs some info, and then disappears like a fart in the wind. But then it’s only been a couple days.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP opened another thread on same P-75 inquiring what type of ammo did it use since wife of elderly owner disposed of all the ammo after two accidental discharges in home. 9mm unless Switzerland is experiencing an ammo shortage which I doubt it shouldn't be difficult or costly to find 9mm ammo for the P-75.

posted Hide Post
And no update from OP if they located original Swiss military M-75 holster and mag pouch, still looking for a green holster/mag pouch, I already have both in black. Best I can tell from photos the M-75 holster and mag pouch was worn on leather belt, later model holsters had a hook attachment system to go on web gear belt. Anyone familiar with these items?

Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
So far it looks like OP only joined to get free research.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
OP said it was P49 in a different post.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5090011084

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post