SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Trailside
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Trailside Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Houndog:
airgunner - I've been shooting pistols and rifles for years, but mostly plinking/target shooting. Now that I'm retired and have some free time I've started to think about doing some low key competitive shooting.

Unfortunately, I've come to realize that, with my current skill set, I'm not really accurate enough to be a bulls-eye shooter or fast enough for the steel challenge/IDPA stuff. But, I'm willing to put my pride aside and give both a try. Probably start with Steel Challenge type stuff since I'm much more comfortable shooting two hands and can consistently hit most of the targets in any given stage - it's just that I'm going to be REALLY SLOW.

Bullseye stuff looks really interesting and my natural bias has always been towards shooting accurately vs. shooting fast. However, while I consider myself a pretty decent shot I can't match the accuracy of a decent bullseye shooter - and that's shooting slow fire and with two hands.

But even if I get discouraged in my competitive pursuits, I would use this gun as a way to conserve my limited supply of 9mm and .45. So, frequent trips to the range where I would either be shooting steel plates at 10-30 yards, or shooting paper at 50' with the goal of producing a single ragged hole.

I grew up where bullseye was pretty much the only game in town pistol competition wise and. Got fairly good at it. For the last 6 months or so my work schedule has been conflicting with my clubs bullseye matches. I also shoot steel challenge. Like you I am not at all fast. But I still enjoy it. I rarely place in the top finishers of any match I attend, and don’t really care. I simply enjoy the shooting, camaraderie with other shooters and feel competition helps maintain and increase skill more than just plinking.
I also enjoy shooting some rifle. Matches I am not real good at either, but that again doesn’t change the fact it is fun

Posts: 3288 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 58v
posted Hide Post
I got a barrel weight from Larry's Its what they should have had in the first place.
quote:
Originally posted by ohsheepdog:
I enjoyed my Trailside for several years and it was very accurate. But the flaking nickel finish, ammo sensitivity and the barrel weight constantly coming loose made me move on. I bought a Ruger Mark 2 and never looked back. The Ruger's trigger is just as good and it's just as accurate for half the price.

Half The World Laughs At The Other Half, And Both Are Fools.
-Confucius

Posts: 439 | Location: Webster Groves MO | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 58v
posted Hide Post
You could also gets its Grandfather, A Hammerli 208.

Half The World Laughs At The Other Half, And Both Are Fools.
-Confucius

Posts: 439 | Location: Webster Groves MO | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post