SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    kel-tec p17 anyone actually have one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

kel-tec p17 anyone actually have one? Login/Join 
posted
Been thinking of adding another 22 semi to the collection, I've had a few Keltec's and know some are good and some not so good. Does anyone have any first hand experience.

Posts: 170 | Registered: March 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The only issue with the P17 I know about is you can't find one for anywhere near the MSRP of $199, I wonder if Kel-Tec is even producing many of these, as they are almost unobtanium unless you go on GB and bend over the digital counter..

I too would like to have one...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks like a slightly enlarged PF9.

Also noticed that the P11 is gone from the product list.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I saw one at a local gun shop last Nov. but I wasn't interested in their price tag of $299.

This was the FDE version.

I really liked the pistol, pointed excellent and the grip fit my hand perfect. I would pay $225, but doubt I will find one for that price.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve had one for a year. Put about 600 rounds thru it. Mix of suppressed and unsuppressed. I really like it a lot. Haven’t had any issues with it besides it won’t cycle on cci quiets. If you can find one under 2 bills, get it. For what you get it’s a steal. Good trigger, threaded, fiber optic sight and 3 mags. My only wish is that it had a push button mag release instead of the paddle thing.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut71:
Haven’t had any issues with it besides it won’t cycle on cci quiets.

Quiets are not made for semi-autos... even says that on the side of the box

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the first gun EVER that I've paid over MSRP for, as others have pointed out. Been jones'n to try it, and this LGS' price was only high...not insane, LOL.

Only been out once, and I had both types of CCI Hi-Vel to get through it. Ran like a champ, and then I put some old Fed red-box bulk pack through it. No problems. I love the sharp contrast to the sights, and the mild green F/O of the front. Safety is positive in both directions. You may expect a horrible trigger, but it's actually quite short, light and usable.

Downside is that mags are a royal PITA to load. This is an uplula tool job, for sure. Otherwise, point 'em nose-up, rim down as you mash them down atop one another. Then, swing the bullet forward as you stuff the rim back up and under the feed-lips. Trying to load it like a centerfire will only make you sore and angry.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post