Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P320 X5 Login/Join 
Picture of Newf
posted
Ordered this a couple weeks back; just arrived back home from a work project and it was sitting there waiting for me. A good cleaning and hope to get it out to the range tomorrow if weather cooperates. Canadian P320X5's ship with 17rd mags instead of 21's - moot point though as we're limited to 10rds anyway. Have a Romeo1 on order as well, hopefully arriving soon.

Happines is....a new Sig to play with Smile

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pictures. May I ask what brand holster that is in your photo? Thanks. Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Beautiful pictures. May I ask what brand holster that is in your photo? Thanks. Mark

Thanks Mark, holster is kydex from "TRHolsters" in Rockwell NC; got this one thru their eBay store.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Love the outdoor pic.

Canadians can have a gun shipped directly to the home?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Love the outdoor pic.

Canadians can have a gun shipped directly to the home?

Thanks and yes, up here postal service delivers any firearms directly from vendor to purchaser, including private sales.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
And to think the border guys used to ask me several different ways if I had any firearms on board my tractor, back when I hauled freight up there. Hope she shoots spot on for you.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
And to think the border guys used to ask me several different ways if I had any firearms on board my tractor, back when I hauled freight up there. Hope she shoots spot on for you.

Gun laws anywhere don't seem to make much sense, and ours are crazier than most.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet! I hope to have a P320 someday.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:
quote:

Thanks Mark, holster is kydex from "TRHolsters" in Rockwell NC; got this one thru their eBay store.

Newf - Thanks Sir. Just bought me the exact same holster....For anyone looking for a great price on a Kydex holster the company Newf mentioned above has all Kydex holsters on sale right now at 25% off and free shipping....I just picked up the same holster that Newf has pictured for $50 and change - delivered....Thanks again Newf...Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:
quote:

Newf - Thanks Sir. Just bought me the exact same holster....For anyone looking for a great price on a Kydex holster the company Newf mentioned above has all Kydex holsters on sale right now at 25% off and free shipping....I just picked up the same holster that Newf has pictured for $50 and change - delivered....Thanks again Newf...Mark

Yes they have some great prices right now, worked for me too LOL!

Initial range report: beauty weather here today, so got out to the range to test it out and it went very, very well! Had a mixture of ammo from mild to hot, including factory A.E. in 124 and 147 grain, factory Corbon +P 115 grain, along with some handloads (Campro) 115 & 124, and (Hornady) 147 - all of which have worked well in my other Sig's. Campro 124's are loaded mild, and are my competition recipe for my P226. The 115's I've found my P210 really liked (mid grade power), and the Hornady 147 XTP's I had loaded toward the hotter end of the scale, again from testing what my other pistols may have liked. 300 rounds in total with zero FTF. FTE's, or light strikes; only glitch through it all was two failures to lock back on an empty mag with the mild 124 Campro handloads. That may have been from riding the slide some, had to adjust my grip a bit from what I'm used to with the P226, as when I tried to make it happen again with different mags it locked back each and every time. Only had the 4 mags that came with the pistol and they all worked fine with all other ammo types. Would load to 5, or 10, switching it up so I wasn't always certain which mag was loaded as a further test, and again no further failures to lock back. Factory sights were off fairly significantly to the left, but quickly dialed in with adjustable rear sight, and from then on accuracy was fine when I did my part. Trigger is less that stellar, again I'm used to the short reset trigger on my P226; and the reset in particular on the X5 I found required some getting used to as fast double taps didn't come easy as I'm used to with my 226. Maybe it was just the flat trigger, which is new to me...dunno. Trigger weight not bad though, but again heavier than my 226 in SA. To be fair, that 226 has thousands of rounds through it and being my go to pistol up to this point, I'm very familiar with it. Overall balance though on the X5 is very nice - soft shooting with the milder ammo, and comes back on target very quickly. Mag drops with the extended mag release is much better for my smaller hands as an added bonus. Was there with a couple friends and we set up a short competition style stage with both paper and metal popper targets and did some drills that never once saw the pistol throw any hiccups.

So, overall, very happy with the pistol for it's first outing for sure! Was a bit wary from having read of some owners experiencing issues their first time out with the P320 X5, but again couldn't have wanted for any better for first time using it myself. I did give it a good cleaning last evening to get rid of all the factory gunk, and a light touch of CLP/TW25. Next on the agenda is to find a handload it likes best along with looking forward to getting the Romeo1 on there and seeing how it goes with that.

She's a dirty girl now, but I like her just the same lol...

posted Hide Post
Found my x5 likes the bayou bullets 124 tc with 4.0 of bullseye seated to 1.084.

Also does very well with the berry plated 124 rn, 4.0 bullseye seated to 1.125

Posts: 14 | Location: minnesota | Registered: March 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I see that they shipped yours with the fiber optic front sight reversed as well. I had to reverse my front sight . Why did they do that?

Posts: 1350 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
I see that they shipped yours with the fiber optic front sight reversed as well. I had to reverse my front sight . Why did they do that?

It appears that is the correct orientation for the front sight, mine was the same way as well. See attached pic from the Sig website:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...-five-full-size.html

Regards,

Doug

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonATI
posted Hide Post
If you could chose only 1, X5 or Shadow 2.

Posts: 429 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elpac3:
Found my x5 likes the bayou bullets 124 tc with 4.0 of bullseye seated to 1.084.

Also does very well with the berry plated 124 rn, 4.0 bullseye seated to 1.125

Living in my out of the way corner of the world, I stock up on what I can get when I can get it - so for now that means a few lbs of CFE Pistol to go thru yet Smile .

quote:
Originally posted by Merc50:
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:

It appears that is the correct orientation for the front sight, mine was the same way as well. See attached pic from the Sig website:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...-five-full-size.html

Regards,

Doug

Yes those I've seen are all the same.

quote:
Originally posted by JasonATI:
If you could chose only 1, X5 or Shadow 2.

The Shadow 2 is not mine, so while I've shot it a few times, can't speak from a lot of experience with it - same as the P320 X5 at this point I guess lol. But it would "depend"; my reason for the P320 X5 is I wanted an optics ready pistol to try out an RDS (older eyes don't pick up the front sight in quick transitions for competition so well) and the X5 has that option built in. The Shadow 2 didn't, so not for me in this instance.