SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Armorer Superstrut.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Armorer Superstrut. Login/Join 
Picture of powermad
posted
Very nice piece of work that does what he says.
https://www.thesigarmorer.com/product/tsa-ss-mss/

Superstrut

Sig strut

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Very interesting, is your spring seat the short (E2) seat?

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The short (E2) base is what is used with the Superstrut.
It originally had the long base style strut.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
The short (E2) base is what is used with the Superstrut.
It originally had the long base style strut.

Thanks Smile

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I didn’t need the strut, but after going to the site I immediately ordered the P320 armorer’s tool/block.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big claims for their strut, awfully proud of it too and its only steel. Lol The factory strut is fine, at worst needs a little sanding to smooth rough edges. Barnum was right.

Their armorers block actually looks useful.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know what I’ve never said? “What this pistol needs is a better mainspring strut.” Doubt I ever will.

I understand Robert Burke to be very well respected, but I really don’t see any need for this.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand that its primary purpose is to reduce the impact (and possible damage) of the strut and safety cross bolt within an SAO. The secondary benefit illustrated by the OP’s pictures are more intangible.

I have DA/SA 226’s and I’m not likely to buy the strut for them. But, I also have a 220 SAO and am more interested in that regard - but only from the standpoint of minimizing damage. That said, I haven’t yet investigated if it would fit a 220; I thought the 220 used a different strut (Strut-7?).

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Excellent part, the super strut is everything advertised. The geometry has been optimized, made from 4140, Ni plated and wire cut what's not to like. Also a polished 20 lb main spring is included. I ordered on Sunday and received Thursday fast shipping. Might not be for everyone but I think every little bit helps. The devil's in the details.

Thank-you Robert

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I received the armorer's block a couple of days ago, and it's just what I hoped for.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post