SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sigarmorer carry action vs competition action level job.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigarmorer carry action vs competition action level job. Login/Join 
posted
I was unable to find my answer, it I am sure it has been asked before. But what are the differences in pull weights between the carry action and competition job? I would do it on a P229 with srt trigger. And I plan on EDC the gun. Would the competition be too light?

Posts: 12 | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IDK the weights but I certainly wouldn't carry a gun with a competition job, unless it was SA with a dedicated safety.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Carry: DA 7 to 8; SA can be tuned down to 3.5 lbs

Competition: DA 7; SA down to 2.5 lbs

Talk to Robert and specify what SA weight you are most comfortable with. Definitely don't want to have 2.5-lb SA for an EDC gun.
For my carry gun, I asked Robert to do the Carry job with a 3.5-lb SA pull. Ymmv.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely get a "carry" level job for an EDC gun. The main thing is to smooth out the trigger and just lighten it a bit. Under the adrenaline dump of a life or death situation, you aren't going to notice the trigger at all anyway.

I have a P226 with a Grayguns carry action job and reduced reset and I worked over my P6 on my own (added SRT kit, 19lb mainspring, polished parts but didn't touch hammer/sear surface). I'd guesstimate they each have 8-8.5 lb DA pulls and 4-ish SA pulls. The SA feels really light though since it is always following the DA pull!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

Posts: 12 | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post