SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Range day with Wilson Beretta
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range day with Wilson Beretta Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Picked up a new to me Wilson Beretta 92 Brig today, has the trigger tune work done to it. What a sweet pistol. Not sure I like the olive grips, but other than that it's a damn pretty piece of steel.

The M9A3 will be here shortly, been a Beretta year so far.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lord Vaalic,

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Been lusting for one for a while. I did not like tbe olive grips at first, but the more I see pictures the more I am warming up to them. Kinda' sets it off and makes it a little unique with them.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
That was my most recent acquisition, as well. Pre-owned and previous owner hadn't even fired it.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Wilson offers the grips in Olive, Black Cherry, Black, and Gray/Black ($82 ea). I've grown to like the Olive on my Brig Tac. I also have the Compact version and I did change the grips on it to the Ultra/Thin in Black Cherry, which I much prefer.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have really come back to Beretta in a big way in the last year.

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the last year I found the WC Brig, the WC Compact, two 85's and 2 84's. I'm stopping for a while....unless I spot another WC.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I have one "Brig" myself and I am in love with this pistol! It shoots like a laser and, yes I love the grips. They fit my hand and look really sweet! I may pick up the compact!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I ordered my BrigTac with a custom S/N - my birthdate.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGINT-228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Picked up a new to me Wilson Beretta 92 Brig today, has the trigger tune work done to it. What a sweet pistol. Not sure I like the olive grips, but other than that it's a damn pretty piece of steel.

No photos for the crowd to drool over? Wink

------------------------------------------------------------
“Come on you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?” Sergeant Major Dan Daly (USMC)

Posts: 1097 | Registered: August 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Curious as to where you found it? I'm supposedly in line for one that I won during a raffle last year. I was told the hold up was the pistols weren't shipping to Wilson from Beretta, mostly due to Beretta moving.... I'm a patient person and honestly I've even forgotten about it completely at times, but come on! I want my gun already!

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It was used, but looks like spankin new. The owner took good care of it.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

That is pretty cool, didn't know you could do that

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
well, it had to be within planned production range not really custom. But, I got WC0673 (so month/year). Close enough.

I had a second one that was a random s/n and a Beretta Forum member sent me a note asking if he could buy it...it was sequential to his and he wanted it for his brother. Yeah....it went to a good home.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Range day finally, what a sweet shooter. This is 200 rounds

posted Hide Post
@ Lord Vaalic: Does that Beretta have a steel frame? Kinda looks like it might.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's really cool...is that on the order form?

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
@ Lord Vaalic: Does that Beretta have a steel frame? Kinda looks like it might.

The frame is aluminum alloy.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Has all the Wilson steel parts in it. It's a very quality pistol, in my opinion worth the price tag they have. This one has the action tune which is extra but worth every penny. The DA is super smooth.

Maybe not the most popular opinion.. But to me the 92 platform is better than the P226. I own a P226, and there is nothing wrong with it. The Beretta isn't better in terms of quality or reliability, for some reason it just really works for me overall better than my Sig. I'm sure others feel the opposite.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Has all the Wilson steel parts in it. It's a very quality pistol, in my opinion worth the price tag they have. This one has the action tune which is extra but worth every penny. The DA is super smooth.

Maybe not the most popular opinion.. But to me the 92 platform is better than the P226. I own a P226, and there is nothing wrong with it. The Beretta isn't better in terms of quality or reliability, for some reason it just really works for me overall better than my Sig. I'm sure others feel the opposite.

Awesome gun, the Brig-Tac is the only Beretta that I really like.

I've carried both the P226 and M9 extensively overseas. Though I like the Sig a lot better, I can't find fault with your assessment either. My gripes with the 92 are only one big one, the rest is minor. I can't stand the slide mounted safety-decocker (which the Brig-Tac solves of course). Aside from that it is just a little bigger and heavier than a duty gun needs to be.

Stock, I think the Beretta trigger and reset is better than the P226. Both shoot equally well for me once I start putting rounds downrange. I haven't compared a tuned 92 to a tuned short reset Sig, I'm sure they are comparable.

I was going to pull the trigger on a Brig-Tac or an M9A3 G soon, but with the Army going P320 (and me still being in it), I'll probably hold out for a manual safety 320 instead.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
quote:

How long did this take and curious if you just talked with customer service when ordering. Thanks

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post