SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P220 Carry Elite Two-Tone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P220 Carry Elite Two-Tone? Login/Join 
posted
Recently saw one of these but I can't find them listed as ever being available. Does anyone know about these? Stainless slide and regular frame. Any info would be appreciated. From everything I've seen it's nota P220 elite slide in stainless on a different frame. Thanks for the help.

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
I've never seen a P220 Carry Elite Two-Tone, they did make a two tone Carry, Carry SAS, Carry DAK, and Carry SAO however

P220 Models

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's all I can find as well. Here, take a look: https://www.armslist.com/posts...sig-p220-elite-45acp

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
It has an elite slide and the frame looks like an elite frame with the beaver tail, I mean it's possible that Sig had a two tone elite. It also has a short trigger vs a standard trigger.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
They were out around 2010. There was the Elite and Elite Carry. Not sure how long or how many were produced but they are fun shooters.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Ask seller to show the box label. Problem solved, if it's original box to the gun.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried that. Apparently a plain box with no label. This is why I’m not rushing out to grab it. But thanks for bringing that up

posted Hide Post
Considering that it's a SIG that is being discussed, it would not surprise me if it were a factory build as opposed to a FrankenSIG considering how Exeter did have a habit of cobbling together unannounced variants out of leftover parts. Our shop would get such creations in from SIG from time to time. Does seem a bit off that the seller offers it with a generic(?) SIG box but with time and a dose of forgetfulness, stuff does happen.

At least it looks pretty.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rogerwilco:
Tried that. Apparently a plain box with no label. This is why I’m not rushing out to grab it. But thanks for bringing that up

Well, then ask for the serial number and call SIG with your inquiry. They should be able to tell you.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They claim they bought it from someone else that way and they’re a few hours away. I agree that it could be fishy or could just be Sig. Good idea on contacting with the serial. Thanks all.

posted Hide Post
Called Sig just now and got right through. Gave them the number and they said it left there all black as a carry elite. Possible they sent slide in to have done (it’s only $70- I never knew that) or they put a new slide on it. I’m going to contact the seller and see what they say. Needless to say, I’m not rushing down to buy it...

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
One thing that caught my eye were the grip screws. Blue on one panel, silver on the other. Perhaps its just the light when photoed as its magazine appears the same way.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rogerwilco:
That's all I can find as well. Here, take a look: https://www.armslist.com/posts...sig-p220-elite-45acp

I bought that same gun in 2009 or 2010 from Stonewall outside of Cleveland. The box it came with was one of the big blue ones, not the black one in the picture. If I recall correctly, I paid about what they are asking.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s a heck of a coincidence! Was it black or already two tone? It certainly looks like it’s held up well. Any idea when you got it s new home!

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
When I ‘same gun’ I mean a two tone Carry Elite, not the gun in the ad. Sorry, should have said ‘similar’.

It came as a two tone. Haven’t seen too many like it but they are out there.

If you can see the internals and the barrel does not have much wear on it, I’d say go for it.

posted Hide Post
Got it. I assumed it might have been since there are so few and Stonewall is pretty close to there. This one is a 2007.

When I told the seller that Sig said it was manufactured all black, he said they must have their wires crossed. Still mulling it over but no rush.