SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Elite SAO 10mm rear sight loose
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Elite SAO 10mm rear sight loose Login/Join 
posted
I bought this pistol not quite 2 years ago from my local(?) SIG Elite dealer. I took it to the range for the first time in a while earlier in the week and while cleaning I discovered the adjustable rear sight slides back and forth in the dovetail. Guess I will call the dealer tomorrow to see what they might suggest. Since it’s been almost two years I am not expecting too much, but it would be nice if they would ship it off at their rate so I don’t have to pay a fortune for shipping. Guessing I may have to call SIG CS after all is said and done.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
Mine did the same, I just pulled the screws out and applied some loctite then put them back in. The lower set screws actually hold the sight in place, not necessarily the dovetail

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:
Mine did the same, I just pulled the screws out and applied some loctite then put them back in. The lower set screws actually hold the sight in place, not necessarily the dovetail

Great! Thanks!! Am I correct in assuming that I have to remove the adjustment screws?

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same here.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
quote:

Great! Thanks!! Am I correct in assuming that I have to remove the adjustment screws?

IIRC, you need to remove the top elevation screw to expose the two (?) set screws underneath

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

IIRC, you need to remove the top elevation screw to expose the two (?) set screws underneath

Thanks again. I did that but found only one screw there. Must have lost the other Mad.

Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated!

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
The lack of a screw is likely why it was loose. Removable threadlocker, nail polish, etc. often used. Ensure replacement screw is correct length so elevation adjustment remains. Sig should send you two more free.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest calling SIG. They'll probably have you send it in. The details are a little fuzzy, but I recall this was a known issue a couple years ago. I know I had to send a few 10mm Hunters (the camo 220 in 10mm) back for customers. They came back with a completely different rear sight. They redesigned the sight at some point.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alptraum:
I'd suggest calling SIG. They'll probably have you send it in. The details are a little fuzzy, but I recall this was a known issue a couple years ago. I know I had to send a few 10mm Hunters (the camo 220 in 10mm) back for customers. They came back with a completely different rear sight. They redesigned the sight at some point.

Thank you. I planned on calling SIG at some point today.

posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with CS just now. I opted to have SIG send me a new rear sight once they are back in stock as opposed to sending in the slide. Excellent CS IMHO!

posted Hide Post
After seeing this post I decided to pull out my recently acquired (pre-owned) P220 10mm, dated 02 May 2016, to check the rear sight. Sure enough, my rear sight was loose too. Removed the screw, inspected, and reassembled with blue Loc-Tite.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merc50:
After seeing this post I decided to pull out my recently acquired (pre-owned) P220 10mm, dated 02 May 2016, to check the rear sight. Sure enough, my rear sight was loose too. Removed the screw, inspected, and reassembled with blue Loc-Tite.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Sure thing! Glad you found it useful. They are fun to shoot, aren't they Wink.

posted Hide Post
Yes, they are. When I bought the pistol I picked up a few boxes of factory 180 gr ammo, Magtech and Sig, just to get some rounds thru it. Yesterday I bought a pack of Starline brass, and will start loading my own shortly.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have only shot SIG Elite through mine. Interestingly enough it is the cheapest I have found around where I live. It really tosses the brass, doesn't it!

The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have only shot SIG Elite through mine. Interestingly enough it is the cheapest I have found around where I live. It really tosses the brass, doesn't it!

I measured 40 feet with full power loads. What one would term POSITIVE EXTRACTION. LOL.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, the only other pistol I have which throws brass that far is my P245.

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
What a coincidence. I finally got to shoot mine for the first time Saturday, and found my rear sight moving sideways in the dovetail while cleaning it.

I shot three mags of SIG hollow points, and four mags each of Matech and Sellier & Bellot. It indeed launches the brass quite a way.

It's a pleasure to shoot & does what it should if I hold up my end.

I may call SIG about the sight if they're offering a redesign without having to send it in. Otherwise, I'll just tighten it up myself.

All in all a very nice pistol.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post