SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M18 Sight Recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M18 Sight Recommendations Login/Join 
posted
Looking for better sights for my M18. Factory sights suck. Not sure if there is something wrong with them or that's the way it is.

Posts: 23 | Location: Adamstown Pa | Registered: October 25, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Because I’m bored on a lazy Sunday morning, I’ll offer one tidbit:

“Suck” is not very descriptive—not at all, in fact.
If you really want advice and suggestions on this forum, explaining what you don’t like about them might possibly result in useful responses. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Your M18 is optic ready out of the box, have you considered adding a reflex sight?

Maintaining your focus on your target vs. front sight gives you a technological advance that no iron sights can match.

Sig's Romeo One Pro and the Leupold Delta Point Pro fit on the M18. You will need to confirm, but I believe Shield's RMS, RMSx, RMSw, and SMS use the same footprint as the Delta Point.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The luminous of the front sight is dull, not very bright.

Posts: 23 | Location: Adamstown Pa | Registered: October 25, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If the front night sight light level isn't the same as the rear sights' I would contact SIG as a warranty issue. That is sometimes a problem.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leupold Delta Point Pro fit

I just looked and I am looking for more conventional sights. I would like a front sight that pops.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Fiber optic sights are generally considered the most visible of “iron” sights. Second to that would be something like the Trijicon HD sights that feature an orange or yellow ring around the front night sight lamp. They are similar to the SIG X-Ray sights, but yellow or orange is more conspicuous than the green of the X-Ray.

What must be considered, though, is that aftermarket sights may not be the same heights as factory sights and therefore it’s sometimes necessary to replace the rear sight as well as the front. I don’t know what might be involved in that with the M18, but it’s something to be aware of.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
I am going with SIG X-Ray sights thanks for the responses